Combined Invoice & Postage

Hoping for some help from posters.I sold an item,the buyer paid then asked if I had anymore of the same.I did,so she wanted to buy that one too. as she had already paid for the first item I refunded her payment and said i would send a new invoice with both items and slightly adjusted postage as both items will fit in the same box.

My problem is that I am not able to send a new invoice.I spoke to Ebay who said they would fix it.That was earlier today.So far no change..Perhaps I am being a bit impatient. I will try again tomorrow.Is there a better way to do this.?

Thank you all for your input and advice, much appreciated,.Patricia.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If you've refunded the money you can't send any type of invoice. The item has reverted to unsold, or awaiting payment. Either way it won't be editable.

Relist it with the correct price, postage and quantity and they can repurchase it. Send them a message letting them know the new item number, too.

I'm not sure what happens with your original fees. If you cancel the transaction (use problem with buyer's address), you should get your eBay fees back, but you will still lose the 30c Paypal flagfall.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You didn't need to refund. You could have sent an invoice for the second purchase with 0.00 in postage or whatever the additional postage may be.

If the buyer has purchased both items you should be able to send an invoice and adjust postage. Don't click recalculate.

But if you have immediate payment on your listings then the buyer can add both items to cart and request total.

Or if the buyer hasn't purchased yet you can add one item to the other listing and adjust prices so both are in the one listing.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you've refunded the money you can't send any type of invoice. The item has reverted to unsold, or awaiting payment. Either way it won't be editable.

Relist it with the correct price, postage and quantity and they can repurchase it. Send them a message letting them know the new item number, too.

I'm not sure what happens with your original fees. If you cancel the transaction (use problem with buyer's address), you should get your eBay fees back, but you will still lose the 30c Paypal flagfall.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You didn't need to refund. You could have sent an invoice for the second purchase with 0.00 in postage or whatever the additional postage may be.

If the buyer has purchased both items you should be able to send an invoice and adjust postage. Don't click recalculate.

But if you have immediate payment on your listings then the buyer can add both items to cart and request total.

Or if the buyer hasn't purchased yet you can add one item to the other listing and adjust prices so both are in the one listing.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You can send another invoice after a refund. I did one last week but it took me ages to work out how to do it and I forgot to write down what I did.

Does it show in your Sold section as being refunded? If not, click on the item listing and at the top there should be an option to Unmark as Payment Received. Once that is done there is an option to Send an Invoice but I can't remember if it was on the same screen.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply