Combined postage

I have just had a buyer purchase 9 items but has not as yet paid as she is asking for a combined postage cost (OK with me). . However, of course ebay has added up the individual postage costs for each item, which comes to $93, instead of the $32.50 I can do it for. There does not seem to be any way for me to change the postage amount on the invoice - how do I do this?

I really don't want to ask her to pay the $93, then refund her the difference then chase up ebay asking for the excess FVFs to be refunded to me.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Combined postage

Next to the purchased item,  use the send invoice Tab,  Then change the postage amount .  You can then preview the invoice to make sure the change has occurred correctly.  Then Send.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

Unfortunately that doesn't work for some reason - instead I get this:

error.jpg

Now I know she hasn't paid yet, as she wants to pay by bank deposit, so how could ebay know she has paid? secondly, the sale was today.

WHY do ebay make this so difficult????

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

If she has completed checkout selecting bank deposit you cannot change it. Check your ebay sales result if it shows bank deposit. Try uncombining the items although I do not think that helps either. 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

Seems buyer has marked DD in checkout as payment and that is in effect paid according to the eBay system.

Ask the buyer to unmark as paid to the right of the transaction.

That should enable you to send another invoice adjusting postage.

image host
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

Thank you kopes. Learn something new every day on ebay. It's so long since I had a buyer use DD....

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

@egglesdtp wrote:

Thank you kopes. Learn something new every day on ebay. It's so long since I had a buyer use DD....

If that does not work, you could cancel the original transaction, by consent.  Then tell them to re purchase but not to attempt payment until they receive an updated invoice

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

If they've gone through checkout you'll already have been charged fees on the postage amounts, regardless of whether she's marked it as paid or not.  If ebay has opted you in for immediate payments that may have something to do with why you can't resend the invoice as I can't see the buyer marking it as paid.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

If immediate payment is selected, the only payment option is Paypal.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Combined postage

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Seems buyer has marked DD in checkout as payment and that is in effect paid according to the eBay system.

Ask the buyer to unmark as paid to the right of the transaction.

That should enable you to send another invoice adjusting postage.

I asked the buyer to do this, and her response was "have tried to 'unpay' but cannot anywhere, no provision for me to do so", so back to square one.

I have now asked her to request cancellation of all purchases, and I will make a special listing for her. Seems such a backwards way of resolving this, but otherwise I will have to pay FVFs on the whole postage that ebay thinks it should be, as if she pays via DD the postage amount I have quoted, ebay have no way of knowing how much postage she has paid and therefore how much FVFs I shoud be charged/ refunded.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply