Competitor advertising appearing around and now WITHIN my listings!!! What the hell is eBay doing???

In their greed for advertising dollars, eBay has now placed competitor advertising (ie: company selling same products as I do but from their own website) all around my listings and even within my listing (just under payment information). Clicking on those ads takes the customer to the advertisers website - ie: away from eBay. Hell.... we're not allowed to even mention external websites as sellers - that brings down the wrath of eBay and gets our accounts frozen or closed and certainly prevents any emails with external websites being sent. I wonder if the dollars they're getting for the advertising is more than what I'm losing in sales and what eBay is ultimately losing in commissions and fees. This double standard is unacceptable and if they don't introduce a non-competitive advertising policy on individual sellers material, then I'm out of here and I doubt I'll be the only one.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Competitor advertising appearing around and now WITHIN my listings!!! What the hell is eBay doin

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply