Complaint from buyer but I caan't request details.

I have received an edmail from eBay telling me that a buyer has submitted a complaint (his purchase hasn't arrived). The message provides abutton I can click on to request details, but when I do so I receive a message "We are unable to process your Request". I have tried to see the details of the complaint for several days but get the same result. I have contacted the buyer, told him of my problem and asked him to be patient while I try to solve the problem. Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

go to HELP at top of page & follow the prompts....either ring eBay or have them ring you
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Was the buyer located in Australia, or overseas?

If they are located overseas, the case is usually opened on the the site where they purchased, and you may be able to access the details by logging into the site for their country. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

The buyer is located in the US. I haven't been able to work out how to login the eBay USA. A couple of days ago the CD which hadn't arrived was listed amongst my Sold items and I was able to contact the buyer, advise him of my problem and ask for a few days grace. Now I find that his complaint still appears amongst my messages but my list of sold items dousn't include the CD he bought. As it stands I can no longer contact him and I can't respond to his complaint via the resolution centre. Surely if I listed the item via eBay Australia I should be able to access the resolution centre?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

To login to eBay US, you just need to go to ebay.com (not ebay.com.au), and use your usual login details.

If you're using a mobile device, switch to a browser instead ( I can't access case details through the app at all, so thought I'd mention it in case that might be the issue as well).
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Go to https://www.ebay.com/ and click onto sign in. If .au pops up automatically in the browser address field, delete that bit.

To contact eBay by phone, use the Have Us Call You option. eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

You can't afford to let this go any longer; there is a very limited amount of time for you to respond, after which you'll end up with a decision against you and the various concomitant punishments visited upon you.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I will follow your advice tomorrow but perhaps the easiest thing to do would be for me to refund the full amount of the payment via PayPal. I assume this would result in the complaint being closed?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Unless the item was sent with tracking, I'd issue a refund. If you don't, and the buyer escalated the dispute, eBay will refund them from your money and you'll cop a very serious defect on your account.

How long has the dispute been open? It seems strange that you can no longer contact the buyer through the dispute. Could the buyer have closed it, maybe because the item turned up?

How long ago did you post it? Has the buyer jumped the gun at all?

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

The dispute was opened yesterday. The buyer didn't jump the gun. I posted the CD in September and it should have arrived by now. Nothing relating to the item appears on my eBay account (e.g. Sold Items) other than the dispute message so I cannot contact the buyer by any means other than PayPal. If the dispute had been closed I would have received a notification from eBay. I think that I will just refund the amount.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

A correction to the above. I posted the item on 3rd September, a month ago. I have refunded the purchase price plus postage and asked the buyer to pay me it it turns up.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply