Complaint from buyer but I caan't request details.

I have received an edmail from eBay telling me that a buyer has submitted a complaint (his purchase hasn't arrived). The message provides abutton I can click on to request details, but when I do so I receive a message "We are unable to process your Request". I have tried to see the details of the complaint for several days but get the same result. I have contacted the buyer, told him of my problem and asked him to be patient while I try to solve the problem. Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Complaint from buyer but I caan't request details.

ALWAYS use a tracking with signature on delivery service if posting OS. Saves the hassle of disputes. As for the buyer paying if/when it turns up, most probably won't unfortunately.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

If you posted the item on Sept 3, then it was obviously sold a day or 2 before that. It's not showing in your sold area any more, because they drop off after 60 days. Today is November 4, so more than 60 days. 

Have you gone into the resolution centre to see if you can still access the dispute in there?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Upon checking I found that I posted the item on 3rd October, not 3rd September as previously stated. As for always sending with tracking, this is not practical when I am posting a CD overseas as it increases the postage cost to a ridiculous level. I have not been able to access the resolution centre so i refunded the full amount via PayPal which, I assume, will end the complaint.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Hopefully the refund will see it done and dusted. Certainly the best thing to do in this situation, as much as it sucks. Getting those defects for closing without seller resolution is really bad. They are highly frowned on by eBay. I think you can only get 2 of those before eBay starts making life hard for you. If you send without tracking, you are never going to win an INR dispute, so you definitely did the right thing.

To access the resolution centre, go to the top left of your screen and hover your mouse over where it says "G'day <your name>. Then select account settings. On the next page there will be a menu on the left. Right down the bottom of that list is the link to the resolution centre. If you are using the app, it's much harder, if not impossible.

If you go in there and find the dispute still open, give eBay a call and get them to close it. Hopefully they can see a refund was made.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply