Contender for customer of the year.

I got an email yesterday from a buyer asking for a refund. After  further investigations and some help from Australia Post and eBay, as it was stemming back from March 2016. 

3 and half months to report a missing item and ask for a refund. All I can say is click n send your are a winner.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Any of you guys seem to get the same type of attitude from customers in the same country?
I do. From somewhere in between Lebanon and Egypt. Two this week particularly grabbed my attention.
The first making an offer of an item that I have. The item sells for around $175, including postage, I had ''make on offer'' on it, postage inside of AU is usually around $25-$30 (fairly long and a bit of weight) to set the scene.
I get this turkey offering me $100.01 on the item, then sends me a message telling me to lay my best offer on the table WITH free postage. I was going to explain to this person that the postage alone will be near or more than what they have offered. But I just decided to ignore it totally.
Then another from the same country, sending me messages, which I see the next morning due to time differences. They send multiple messages, each one getting angrier wanting to know why I'm not responding.
I should print these out and make a book on it. I'd make a 1000 pages a month I reckon.
Lol
I do state that I don't post outside AU, but I leave this up to my discretion, as it seems no one takes notice and just orders and requests a total anyway.
I'm almost at the point of NOT posting outside AU at all now.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

must admit I am always on the prowl for a bargain but I do laugh at people expectations. Your story reminded me of one sale I had,when I sold here years a go, it was a big chunky gold plated necklace I think it was about 70-75gms I had a buyer complain because it was not solid gold. I think gold was about $25 a gram then so, if it had been solid gold, I could of got approx $1,750-$1,875 in scrap value. He had paid about $80 + postage 

Maybe you can put me in the same bucket as Dave, but I did think when I read that -

Why would the weight of a gold plated necklace even come into it? 

(Rhetorical question, BTW)

Shock horror you jumped on the band wagon

a) this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but hell lets keep it going. No it is not a Rhetorical question it is continuing the feeble accusation I was trying to rip people off. Clearly you have never warn a heavy necklace one of the most important factor is the weight of it. It is not just about how it looks it is about how it feels.The fact is I sold hundreds of the necklace and 1 person thought it was going to be a solid gold necklace FYI even though offered a refund they wanted to keep the necklace.

So either move on or keep making your weak assumptions I really do not care. All this is about is I upset 4 of you so far 3 of you have jumped  on the wagon to TRY and have a dig wonder if #4 will join in to. lol

If YOU don't care, why do YOU keep replying? By continuously replying, it indicates to me that you DO care. See, I can use capital letters too.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

must admit I am always on the prowl for a bargain but I do laugh at people expectations. Your story reminded me of one sale I had,when I sold here years a go, it was a big chunky gold plated necklace I think it was about 70-75gms I had a buyer complain because it was not solid gold. I think gold was about $25 a gram then so, if it had been solid gold, I could of got approx $1,750-$1,875 in scrap value. He had paid about $80 + postage 

Maybe you can put me in the same bucket as Dave, but I did think when I read that -

Why would the weight of a gold plated necklace even come into it? 

(Rhetorical question, BTW)

Shock horror you jumped on the band wagon

a) this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but hell lets keep it going. No it is not a Rhetorical question it is continuing the feeble accusation I was trying to rip people off. Clearly you have never warn a heavy necklace one of the most important factor is the weight of it. It is not just about how it looks it is about how it feels.The fact is I sold hundreds of the necklace and 1 person thought it was going to be a solid gold necklace FYI even though offered a refund they wanted to keep the necklace.

So either move on or keep making your weak assumptions I really do not care. All this is about is I upset 4 of you so far 3 of you have jumped  on the wagon to TRY and have a dig wonder if #4 will join in to. lol

If YOU don't care, why do YOU keep replying? By continuously replying, it indicates to me that you DO care. See, I can use capital letters too.

I reply because you 4 amuse me going by YOUR logic I must of REALLY upset you 4 seems you did not like be shown YOU was wrong. Yes CAPITALS are fun.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Well, we're all getting our jolly's then, aren't we?

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

How do they know what they purchased from that long ago? Everything I buy and sell disappears after 90 days. Are you able to change in the settings somewhere as to how long the things you purchased and sold stays in EBay for longer? 

Thanks, Lucy

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

In your purchase history, there's a drop down menu to change the year

You can view purchases up to 3 years, I think

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply