Cost of postage for cds

I have listed cds for sale for a number of years and sold literally 1000s & charged buyers my cost of postage in Australia at letter rates $2.20 + packaging at around 65 cents. The new system insists I charge at package rates ($10.90!!!) which includes registration, which my customers don't need & won't pay!!! I can't & won't charge them $10.90 for postage for a cd! The only times I have sent items registered, they took longer too arrive and in one case the item was LOST! Ebay you have just lost a 100% positive seller for good!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Cost of postage for cds

The new system insists I charge at package rates ($10.90!!!)

What new system? Do you have a link?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

You Must be using  a different ebay to the one I'm using 

You can send a CD as a untracked letter for $2.20 plus what ever you charge for packing material etc as long as it's under 125g and up to 250g for $3.60

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

Sorry that should be $3.60 for 250g untracked

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

It's probably default setting it to that much. Change the height measurement to 2cm and the weight to 250grams and the untracked option will come back.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

Check your settings, it may be that your postage is under Business Policies which have set postage which you can turn off.

Go to your Account,  and click on business policies

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

Your listings are all showing postage of $2.95.

Oh wait, weren't you leaving ebay? Probably should end your listings if you're leaving, so you don't get any unnecessary surprises.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

I have made my own packaging for CD's in the past from recycled cardboard and posted at a large letter rate with no problems. Recently one didn't arrive so I enquired at Australia Post to be told it was my fault it was lost or destroyed as the letter sorting machines can't handle cardboard and I should have posted it as a parcel !.... at of course a higher postage rate. She couldn't provide an answer when I asked about their own CD mailer packaging. It was a rare CD too. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Cost of postage for cds

I've always used padded bags, document post and registered. No problems yet.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply