Courier recommendations June 2022

Hi all,

Hope sales are going well, but doubt it with the state of the economy and rising prices. 

Yeah, yeah I know there are tons of threads already on couriers, but many are years old or rants/issues with them which is not always the right context to judge.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for couriers as an alternative to Australia Post? I know that the big ones from experience like Aramex (Fastway) and Couriers Please can be hit and miss depending on your area, as it seems the drivers make all the difference. Fortunately where I currently live I have two great drivers for the above so they are fairly reliable at least for picks ups and deliveries to me. Obviously those drivers cannot control wider issues once they have handed in to the depot. 

I am looking at alternatives to those like Allied Freight, and another that specialize in wine freight.  Does anyone have any up to date recommendations for couriers or experience of the above? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As a buyer I only buy from sellers that use Australia Post but I don't buy wine online.
Many years of extensive buying online has lead me to the decision to want my items delivered by AP.
I am not going to rant about non AP couriers other than to say they are not reliable.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you for your input. For years I agreed with you. I still send 99% of my items by Australia Post and before I moved to where I am now, I hated when I ordered and it was delivered by a courier services because they were unreliable and if you miss them, sometimes a nightmare to get your parcel.

However, I have been having major issues with AP, and although they have now started an investigation in to why I have had so many 'lost' parcels I feel I need to look at alternatives for my own mental health and stress levels. Thanks again for your input, it all helps. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Are the lost parcels containing wine only and no other items go missing.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Recently had a woeful experience with a purchase (not ebay) from a company we were planning on using for a lot of our business supplies.  Company prices and services all went well until it came to delivery.  Goods arrived at couriers depot within 36 hrs and picked up from there by driver 12 hrs later.  All seemed great however it took another 2 weeks for the goods to be in my hands. Metro Syd to metro Syd.  Tracking was a joke and no phone number for courier. Eventually spoke to supplier several times who could not give me much joy either.  They had recently changed couriers.  Long story short supplier has now lost a potential new client.  Yes, it was one of the couriers mentioned in the OP

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply