Create offers for your watchers

I just had this message about a new health check issue, but it seems there was no issue at all, so how do I make an offer to my watchers?Clipboarder.2019.03.12.png

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Create offers for your watchers

Is this the promotion you mean?

pick5.JPG

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I'm curious as to how these offers look to the buyers.

Do they actually get a message in their inbox to say the seller is making an offer?

Or does it show on the actual ad?

It's an email, and they look like this:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Problem-with-sending-an-offer-to-a-buyer/m-p/2209590#M17931...

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I really think it is Ebay pretending to be buyers I have 10 watche at the moment on one thing and still no sales 

I dont know Ebay seems dead

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

springyzone, I have received these sorts of offers. Yes, they look like the one to which digital*ghost linked.

It felt creepy to me. The very personalisation of it ("Because you showed interest in this item") creates the creep factor.

It also struck me as saying, "I'm having trouble selling this. Would you buy it if I lowered the price to $xx? No? What about down to $xx? And I could throw in a Nubian slave and a free mini pyramid to sweeten the deal. No? Oh, come on, you gotta give me a little here! I'm supporting a sick wife and I've got 12 children, and the oldest needs braces and the youngest needs a sphincter transplant and I can't afford the nappies anymore and - OH BLESSED SAINTS! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE! I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE, PLEASE, BUY MY ITEM!"

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, that was it exactly. Thank you curraone and gigital ghost for clearing it up for me.

I have never received a special offer then on anything in my watched list.Smiley Sad

Maybe I need to start watching more.

The thought of it doesn't really creep me out because (from being on the boards) I am aware the seller does not actually know who the watchers are so it is all sent anonymously and all pretty automated. Of course if I bought, then they would know but that wouldn't worry me.

Should add, it would unnerve me if sellers were aware of who their watchers were. I prefer to be anon.

I presume sellers would only send these messages out on items where they could afford to offer a bit of a discount, so not on your everyday cheap items.

Confession time though. It doesn't creep me out to think of getting an offer but it does unsettle me, put it that way, that I might go ahead and buy something at full price when secretly, maybe a dozen other people have been offered a substantial discount.

Depends on why I am watching something but have to admit, a discount offer might sway me.

I am a bit of a sucker for specials etc and not just on ebay Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

As a watcher Ive been getting larger discount offers than previous I was wondering is it seller or ebay?
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Ebay has no right to offer any discounts on th price of a seller's items.

If an offer comes direct from the seller it is a price that they have decided on and the seller gets the reduced price.

If you get an offer from ebay it comes in the form of a voucher where you enter the number in the box as you complete checkout,

The seller gets the whole amount of their item but ebay has paid a portion of it.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply