Credit Card with Merchant Account

Hi all

I am contemplating setting up a Merchant Account to process Credit Cards through. Does anyone know whether this could be used for multiple accounts?

Thank you for your help : )

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This information is from a few years ago but I believe you can have multiple accounts linked to your Credit Facility.

We used to own 3 retail shops and each shop had Merchant Credit Accounts.  Two of the shops had separate Accounts but the 3rd smaller shop was owned by the parent shop and was on the same Merchant Facility.

Two locations, same Merchant Facility.

I think you would have to open the Account in your own name and link each other "shop" to the main account.  A bit like linking all your ebay IDs to one paypal account if you like.

But it is a very expensive exercise.....you pay to have the account and to rent the machines and you also pay a fee for each card processed....anything from 0.05% up to something like 5%.  The smaller your turnover the more you pay % wise.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you little.princess123, I like that article : )

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you for that information lyndal1838 : )

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Have a look at eway.com.au . I'm not 100% sure it can be set up through ebay straight up (I might look into it in the next couple of days) but it works great through a website. The basic plan doesn't have any monthly fees.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Yeah we have looked into eway for our new website and their plans look pretty good.

Problem is you need to have your own merchant bank account set up to link them to and the fees for that can be a bit prohibitive when you are just starting out.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Has anyone looked into Braintree?

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Yeah we have looked into eway for our new website and their plans look pretty good.

Problem is you need to have your own merchant bank account set up to link them to and the fees for that can be a bit prohibitive when you are just starting out.

They made me get a business account with the bank (not with the bank they use) which costs $10/month (I needed it anyway). Others have said they didn't need it, but as soon as I told them I didn't have one they stopped the signup. I also had to deposit $500 into it but I could withdraw it straight away.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

to intergrate it into a website costs a bit also...If through ebay (if possible) maybe not.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Hi all,

Re. Paymate, have just had 2 emails from eBay, Paymate (According to them) is off the table at the end of  September. So its Paypal or Merchant Facility. I'm done after 15 years, unless the ACCC get involved, but I think eBay would have thought that through.

Good luck.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

i am sure ebay would get a cut or what ever  its up to them who they use on there site or shop  in fact there are a lot of shops that have cash only now. prob because of large fees, and now a lot have a minimum spend , in fact some petrol stations add a fee on certain cards.  i remember in a shop years ago i was paying 6%  no wonder banks only make billions  mmmm

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply