Credit Card with Merchant Account

Hi all

I am contemplating setting up a Merchant Account to process Credit Cards through. Does anyone know whether this could be used for multiple accounts?

Thank you for your help : )

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Paypal splits to new owners from Ebay, then Main competion removed from Ebay....I never did look into a merchant processing on the net.If Paypal fees go up I certainly will.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

It is a very expensive option unless you have a very high turnover.

Have a look around and see what other members have said.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

What does this mean?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m08/i28/s02

I'm looking into getting a merchant credit card, but I will need an ebay approved gateway to host it.

Is it true that the two options are:

1.) Payflow (Paypal)

2.) Cybersource - need a 3 million dollar turnover

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

If you have a merchant credit facility you can get buyers to pay you directly.

They can either ring you or email the card details to to you.  Whether the buyers would be happy with giving out their details like this is debatable.  I know I have used email to send my card details to sellers in the UK......two separate emails with part of the details filled in on each one.  No problems with the transaction at all.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

shedshite
Community Member

Slightly off topic. You may have noticed Ebay has had a header running constantly for several months about the split off of PayPal and changes to the user agreements. If you carefully read these changes you will find PayPal has authorised on your behalf (the seller) Ebay to deduct any and all payments it says it is due from your credit card thru Paypal when ever it wants without reference or direct approval from yourself.

This is not the case with other payment facilitators such as Paymate, Eway ect., This is the underlying reason why they are removing them from the Paypal platform where ever they can. However in Australia they are confined from doing this by their undertaking to the ACCC and have to allow the use of alternative providers. The catch with this is that Ebay does not have to intergrate these other companies into their system.

It is inherently unsafe for a seller to allow unfettered and free access to their accounts thru Paypal. A way to ensure this does not occur is to remove yourself from the Paypal system when operating thru Ebay. But to still qualify for the safe payments requirements by only using other facilitators such as paymate or Eway who are not bound by agreements to Ebay such as Paypal is.

The PayPal system of payment collection on behalf of its clients is clearly conflicted and does not operate to protect the seller in regards to using it to operate  thru the Ebay platform. Regards to all Norm

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Please see and comment on my new post re Paypal as the only safe method of payment as being a Monopoly and how to complain to the ACCC as it can affect us all. Thank you.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply