Currently vat 5% and after gst 20%,cannot increase the price then 15% loss to me? soloution?

devassk_0
Community Member

I am a trader and currently one item i have bulk stock .this cannot sell now and have to do some repair and will be carried forward stock in 2017-2018.currently vat rate is 5% and after gst 20%(assumption),i cannot increase selling rate and then loss is 15% under gst sale.

kindly advise soloution? gst will compensate?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Currently vat 5% and after gst 20%,cannot increase the price then 15% loss to me? soloution?

To be quite honest - I have no idea what you are referring to - trying to say - can you be a little more precise.

Robot Frustrated

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

All I got from that was...we don't have VAT here and GST is 10% not 20%

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What has VAT got to do with anything on ebay AU?

If you are paying GST you should know it is 10% and if you are not paying GST why will it make any difference to you next year?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I'm thinking they got lost, and are actually in the UK

Registered on the wrong boards.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You could be right Stawks.

Maybe someone jumping the gun and anticipating having to collect the GST on behalf of the government.

I doubt that we caold give any information anyway without knowing if they are a business seller and how large a turnover they have.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Being in the UK could explain it. VAT on most items here is 20% but some things are 5% or zero rated. Perhaps what the OP is selling falls into the middle category but is being moved to the higher rate.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Still nothing to do with Australia,  so, yeah, they registered on the wrong boards

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

What's the betting that they never find their way back here and we will never know what they mean?Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply