Customer hasn't paid, made excuses now been more than 30 days

Hi there, 

Just wondering what my options are its been over 30 days since sale

customer kept making excuses an now wont responed to my messages.

My Question is:

how can i cancel this order?

or can i do a second chace offer?

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why did you let your customer string you along in the first place?

Open a case after 4 days (to the minute), or cancel the transaction, but never let it get to 30 days.

I mean, couldn't you tell the buyer no longer wanted it after the first week?

I'm not sure how you go about getting your fees back now. Have you tried to cancel the order with no luck (option has disappeared)? Probably have to contact CS and see if they can do it from their side.

You could set your items for Buy It Now, instead of Auction, and you can have Immediate Payment activated, so you will never chase buyers again.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You only have 30 days to cancel an order, so when the buyer didn't pay and started finding excuses. you should have cancelled the order immediately.

You have 60 days to make a second-chance offer, but you first have to cancel the order, so I am not sure it is possible if you can't cancel the order.

• If you're making an offer because the winning bidder didn't pay, you have to cancel the original transaction before you can start the Second Chance Offer

From this page: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/making-second-chance-offers?id=4142

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply