Dear Ebay- What is a seller worth really?

Dear Ebay- 33%   of my last sale  for a whole $10. You do have to be joking by thinking adding in the cost of postage to your site will keep small sellers like myself  bothering to write decent ads, maintain a good standard for your site in honesty in listings, honesty in  everything really.

Item sold for $10-  it is a book I no longer really require, it has a worth to someone out there, the postage cost in 3kilo bag from Australia post was 13.40.

I added $1  to cover bubble  wrap, selotape and 10 days of time waiting for my listing to end...

Not much sells- but I use the FREE listings, only.

Ebay - fees are sitting at 2.42 - just for that one item, paypal then took 89c  of the 24.40 deposit into paypal,  lets imagine I withdraw that from paypal to pay for the bag at the PO  - then I will lose $1.50 for withdraw a sum less than $150...

I am scratching my head as to why I even bother,  and you have the hide to still list me as a power seller....

Us little people are worth nothing to you it seems, and I cannot imagine what you are taking in fees from bigger sellers.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Dear Ebay- What is a seller worth really?

So maybe the Mods would have let it fly...

Who knows?

None of them responded to my signal, so I'm none the wiser LOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

I can not imagine why anyone would bother postiing a serious issue here, for a LITTLE seller who has  added to ebays funds for many years, sure, not millions, but every little bit should count, as well as a reliable seller.

Ebay needs to listen to  everyone, not delete their comments.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

1) Generally speaking eBay don't read here, so it's unlikely they will ever see any comments that you post here. If you want to let eBay know your feelings/thoughts/opinions on something - shoot em an email - there is a "tell us what you think" tab down the bottom of most pages.

2) If you want other members on these boards to read what you post, then post within Discussion Board Usage Policy Guidelines .. I promise you that the chances of your posts not being removed by the moderators will increase by a factor of at least 10!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 33 of 33
Latest reply