Didn't know you could revise Unpaid item cases

Afternoon everyone. I had a customer purchase an item on 2nd September, didn't pay, open upc and closed 4 days later.....all good.

recived a message about a week ago from them asking to cancel their order, I replied saying I don't have an order could they send me some information etc......

just received a message (cut and pasted from their message from ebay directly) asking them to contact me (seller) to see if I can revise the upc and if I agree to do so, I need to call ebay and tell them that (and I quote) i excuse my customer from this transaction and please remove the defect from their account.

has anyone heard of this before?

i won't be doing it, but I thought it's a bit ..........I don't even know the word to use.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Didn't know you could revise Unpaid item cases

Personally I would ignore it or decline.

Keeping in mind he would need to have multiple strikes to be blocked so it's not just a one-off where by a genuine mistake was made.

image host
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I agree with Kopes....removal obviously does not fit ebay's criteria or they would have removed it for the buyer.

Do other sellers a favour and let it stand, otherwise the buyer will think he can just ask and continue on his merry way.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I won't be contacting ebay or him at all. I have deleted the messages and put him on my bbl. As you said, my strike is obviously one of many, so he deserves to be blocked from other sellers. I really wanted to say (but I won't) you purchased an item, didn't pay me for 8 days and no contact with me, but you now need my help......yeah right.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply