Difference in colour on screen???

calsof
Community Member

I really haven't had any real problems trading on eBay. I do have my moments and complain but most customers seem to be great. Today's buyer doesn't seem to be a terror but I am wondering what she wants and how I can help.

I have an iPod accessory pack in my store:

Blue Accessory Pack set case screen protector earphones usb for iPod Touch 4

I got a message yesterday saying:

"I received the items today but they're different colours as to what is pictured! I bought them expecting to look like picture as a birthday present for my son this Sunday, wouldn't have mattered if they had of been. A different shade but they don't match, the earphones are a different colour to the USB cord an they don't match the cover :("

Now, I replied, I've offered a refund or other resolution and asked how I can help, even gave the lady a call today as she didn't reply back to my message. During the phone call she insisted that the USB cord and the earphones looked like they were the exact same shade of blue in the photo. She insisted that this was not the case with the actual items that she has received. Then she quickly hung up before I had a chance to offer anything else or to see what it is she expected.

Please, pray, please tell me: do the two items look like there is no difference whatsoever in shade? The royal blue aluminium parts on the earphones and the baby blue plastic coating on the USB? Do they look the same on other people's screens? Because I've opened the page on 3 computers and they all show that there is a difference in the shade!

Not sure that she will claim INAD but I offered to refund her... she just doesn't seem to want that. Haven't got a clue what she wants as she's not telling me but hoping she doesn't send a little red dot my way. :_|

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

On my computer,all 3 items in that pack look like different shades of blue lol It also doesn't state they match,just says blue.

Woman sounds like a bit of a space cadet if she hung up on you anyway.I wouldn't worry too much-JMO

Message 2 of 63
Latest reply

Well, all I can say is that all the blues look very similar in tone, but not exact matches. The earphones have a matte metallic royal blue tone, and the cable looks like a normal sky blue, if but a little darker than usual. The case itself looks like the same but darker tone of blue as the earphones. 

At a cursory glance, though, it's difficult to see these distinctions and really only becomes fully evident when enlarging the images. (It wouldn't be important to me, mind you, and I can't really see what the big deal is...but then I can't really decide what's important for other people. :8} )

In terms of how to respond to the customer, all I'd ever do is say 'sorry you were disappointed with the item' then provide any and every option I'm prepared to offer in order to resolve, which relies on their reply and choice to action. Most people respond and choose an option, some might say what about xxx and if I think it's acceptable, I'll agree, a few never replied at all, they just want the complaint heard, I guess.

My best suggestion, if indeed it applies ?, is to have something in the description along the lines of 'hand selected components in blue tones".

Message 3 of 63
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

nope they dont look the same shade of blue.

the USB is lighter than the ear phones and case.

but your listing doesnt state they are exactly the same anyway?

Message 4 of 63
Latest reply

Ask her how old her son is, if he is old enough to marry then she could get a fortune for him. A chap who actually realises that there are different shades of a colour?

How many blokes do you know who wouldn't just say they are red if you presented them with half a dozen items ranging from burgundy through tomato to pale pink and asked what colour they were :^O:^O:^O

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 63
Latest reply

Ask her how old her son is, if he is old enough to marry then she could get a fortune for him. A chap who actually realises that there are different shades of a colour?

How many blokes do you know who wouldn't just say they are red if you presented them with half a dozen items ranging from burgundy through tomato to pale pink and asked what colour they were :^O:^O:^O

LOL that happened just this morning.  My son has a bright red car but needs a new car.  My mum has a burgandy Toyota Camry and wants to change to something smaller.  I said to my husband its a shame about the colour of mum's car because otherwise I would have suggested my son buy it, to which my husband replied "why wouldn't he like it, he drives a red car now?"  It took me a moment to realise he was suggesting that mum's car is red :^O

Message 6 of 63
Latest reply

Go for Gold Cal, pj nailed it :-x

Runs off to check the shade of blue earphones you sold me....mmm....doesn't quite match my son's nice blue jumper...then again he won't care..HE HAS A LIFE ! :^O

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 63
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

hahaha

Thanks everyone for the heads up and the amusing responses!

It's exactly what I needed! I actually got upset because of this, do you believe it?

Yep, my hubby and son wouldn't know the difference. Yet I was up all night with a white daylight lamp doing stocktake on a few hundred neck ties to distinguish colours and start listing them ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 63
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

Just listed this:

Mens Wedding Grooms Necktie Satin Neck Tie Set Solid Baby Midnight Sapphire Blue

I put my accessory pack buyer on my BBL first :^O

Message 9 of 63
Latest reply

Just listed this:

Mens Wedding Grooms Necktie Satin Neck Tie Set Solid Baby Midnight Sapphire Blue

I put my accessory pack buyer on my BBL first :^O

:^O:^O:^O:^O

Message 10 of 63
Latest reply