Dilemma with Blocked Bidders

Now, any seller will know, how frustrating it is to have a Non Paying buyer. When that happens. I block the buyer from bidding on any further items that I have listed. Also, I have my settings to block buyers that have had 2 unpaid items in the last 6 months. All good right? Now the dilemma, I have had 2 instances lately where by a buyer has asked me to add them to my exclusion list so that they can bid on my item. What to do? What to do? Say NO and punish those naughty non-payers..... or take the sale?? One item had already been re-listed....so I caved and added them to my exclusion list 😞 Smiley Sad    I know, I know....weak! How else can we punish these time wasters. Can't leave negative feedback (which doesn't really mean anything anyway)

Have other sellers experienced this with blocked bidders?? How did you respond? I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Cheers

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dilemma with Blocked Bidders

Twice, I have given people another chance. One paid for the relisted item quickly and went on to buy more at other times without any problem and the other did not pay again, on the relisting.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

My strike rate is about 50%, too. But it's mainly from auto blocks (strikes) rather than ones I've manually put on the BBL.

If they ask, I'll usually do it, noting that if they don't pay, again, they will be on the BBL forever.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

We have unblocked a non-payer once by request and they still did not pay.

So now we would never do that again no matter how pleading they might get.

But we now have the "no communication" option selected so I would have thought that means they cannot even ask. We never see such requests any more, so don't even have to answer the question.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I have had several people message me asking to be excluded from blocks and have never had a problem with anyone I have agreed to do it for. Usually when people message me they are quite humble and admit to their previous naughtiness in not paying so I give them a chance ONCE, if by chance any of them did not end up paying after me being accomodating then they would be onto my BBL.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

No second chances here.

I pay my bill's so i expect others to do the same.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Many thanks for everyone's thoughts. It now seems that buyers don't really care if they receive strikes for not paying for items. Most times, if they ask, sellers will unblock them. I know life can sometimes throw us a curve ball, and ebay purchases would be the last thing on your mind, but non-paying buyers seem to be happening more & more. I now understand why. Thanks again everyone. Cheers

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I blocked  a non-payer customer once, and guess what, she use a different eBay ID to purchase an item, sent me a message, mocking me for blocking her and didn't pay for the item. Sigh.....

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Oh no, that must have really annoyed you. Like they say :"where there's a will, there's a way". All types out there in the Ebay world. The majority of my buyers have been lovely, but it only takes a few to make you think "is it worth it?" Cheers

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Did you report them for circumventing blocks?

eBay do frown on this sort of thing.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply