Discount Postage - MyPost Proposal

I now use Australia Post MyPost Business to get cheaper postage rates and hover between Band 1-2 sending 5-10 parcels a week.

Like eBay postage, I have discovered you can share one MyPost account to get higher discounts.  MyPost allows multiple Team Member logins, multiple address books, multiple sending addresses and credit card details are not stored, and you can use your own PayPal account to pay for postage and each team member can link their own eBay account.

I am interested to hear from 2 or 3 other sellers in the Band 1-2 range who may be interested in joining a MyPost shared account to maximise their postage discounts.  Collective buying power but with individual control.

It only needs 20 parcels a week to get Band 4 discounts:

Same Major City: 35%
Other Major City: 19%
Rural: 5%

If eBay can do it, so can we.  (PM me if interested).

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I'm not interested but wouldn't you all be at risk of having to pay for everyone else's postage?
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

The MyPost system allows you to link your individual accounts together.  You operate autonomously, paying for postage and printing your labels with your existing eBay link if you use integration.  The combined totals of each account just merge to get the discount.

No body can see your orders when imported so there is no risk of any payment issues as credit card and PayPal details are not stored or shared.  You operate like you normally do.  Only the history is shared which is good so you can check if everyone is 'pulling their weight'.  Once you have hit the Band 4 pricing it's easy to sit there with just 3-4 good sellers.  More the merrier and if you have a slow week or go on holidays, your discount will remain.

If any seller wants to test the benefits try it for a week or two.  You can op-out at any time.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

i'm on Band 3 currently. I'm happy to help you with discounted labels, but cannot allow access to our account. 

Inviting a team member exposes to lot of risks and against the auspost T&C.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

All sorted. Two trusted sellers banded together and currently on Band 4 and did a Band 5 stint for a month or so. Band 4 is the sweet spot for discount/volume.

The Team Member facility allows separate accounts with separate payment options, with just the transactions adding together to receive the volume discount.

Thanks for your offer. Maybe other sellers can utilise this idea.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

unboxit
Community Member

Good idea. Did it work?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Read the posts - they tell you the answer...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

If anyone else would like to join Mypost sharing I am on Band 3 at present. 

Send me a PM if interested.

thanks 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Why would we want to PM you when we have our own discounts?

I call scam on you.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

The more people that use an account, the higher the discount there will be.  I am on band 3 as well currently.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply