Disputes with customers who don't recieve their item and there is no tracking number

Does anyone else have an issue with ebay's policy to refund customers who haven't received their item.  I sell lots of little items that are not worth using tracking number for as the cost of a tracking number is more expensive than the item.  I send my packages out same day or next day and have amazing feedback but am often let down by Aus Post when items take to long to arrive or don't arrive.  I feel as though ebay supports the buyer not the seller here.  Apparently my only options are to refund for provide tracking which I don't have.  I really don't see the point in charging $8 shipping for a $6 marker.  No one would buy it.

How do you get around this?  Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Disputes with customers who don't recieve their item and there is no tracking number

@angelan41 wrote:

Does anyone else have an issue with ebay's policy to refund customers who haven't received their item.  I sell lots of little items that are not worth using tracking number for as the cost of a tracking number is more expensive than the item.  I send my packages out same day or next day and have amazing feedback but am often let down by Aus Post when items take to long to arrive or don't arrive.  I feel as though ebay supports the buyer not the seller here.  Apparently my only options are to refund for provide tracking which I don't have.  I really don't see the point in charging $8 shipping for a $6 marker.  No one would buy it.

How do you get around this?  Thanks

One suggestion would be to pay for the Australia Post letter priority labels at 50c each.     These have a little code on them which some buyers seem to think is a tracking numberSmiley Wink, but in the end it means that your customers get their item quicker.     You can build some of the cost into your item or postage.    If you buy the prepaid C5 envlopes in bulk from Aust Post (if your items will fit in them?) that is even better, because that postage works out about $2.30 plus the 50c sticker = $2.80.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Good advice, but an old thread

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

silly me Smiley Embarassed

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Ask your post office for boxes of regular post tracking labels and affix one to each item you post.

Even letter rate packages will be scanned and tracked.

These are only useful for domestic postage. There is no simple or cheap option for international parcels other than using Standard Airmail.

IMGP0101.JPG

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

As stawks said - Good advice, but an old thread

Very old.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply