50 REPLIES 50

Re: Disruptions with Australia Post

and letters are drawing the short straw to every second day delivery:

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/coronavirus-australian-post-cuts-letter-delivery-to-every-...
Message 31 of 51
Latest reply

apparently this now applies to regional/remote NSW also (friends have been letterboxed a flyer)

https://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/story/6875942/postie-to-visit-every-second-day/

Has anyone in other states been advised?

Message 32 of 51
Latest reply

perth to eastern states are a joke up to 4 weeks for delivery 

wish ebay would let buyers know this instead of the stupid estimate times 

so many angry buyers 

and so many refunds given 

its getting to the point of asking myself is it all worth it atm 

and with managed payments starting for me on the 24th i realy am thinking to close it all down for a while 

Message 33 of 51
Latest reply

I entirely agree about closing down for a few months and happy to swap places with you...at least you got a much bigger state to go out and enjoy unlike us stuck in the Victorian 'leper colony'.
Message 34 of 51
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
I entirely agree about closing down for a few months and happy to swap places with you...at least you got a much bigger state to go out and enjoy unlike us stuck in the Victorian 'leper colony'.

Yes we are lucky here, no doubt about that. When people are losing loved ones every day, life carries on pretty much as normal over here. I remind myself every day when the updates are announced on the news, reporting new cases and deaths, to take a moment to consider the personal side of it, the families, friends & colleagues. Hang in there. We are thinking of you

Message 35 of 51
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@south.coffee wrote:

Yes we are lucky here, no doubt about that. When people are losing loved ones every day, life carries on pretty much as normal over here. I remind myself every day when the updates are announced on the news, reporting new cases and deaths, to take a moment to consider the personal side of it, the families, friends & colleagues. Hang in there. We are thinking of you

Like everyone here, I have lost loved ones at some point. When it happens, it completely consumes you. It's like you're in a bubble with blinkers on. How can you go on? Yet when you look around, life is going on as normal for everyone else. Just another day. They don't see or feel your grief.

Each day when we hear of the new fatalities, whether it be from the Rona, or a car accident, like you, I take a moment. It doesn't matter if they are 6 months old, or 96. They are loved by someone and that someone is going through the worst time of their life. I cant take away that family's pain, but I can acknowlege that they are suffering, while the rest of the world goes on as normal.

It kind of reminds you that in the big scheme of things, you only matter to a handful of people. While some think they are the greatest thing that ever lived, when they take their last breath, life will continue to go on without them. People will get up and go to work. They neighbour will take their dog for a walk. A colleague will fill their car up with petrol.

We have to go to Sydney next week for medical reasons. Where we are going was upgraded today as being a hotspot. Even though NSW only had 3 new cases today. While we have full PPE if we need it, it still scares the daylights out of me. We will be wearing N95 masks and gloves while we are outside our hotel room, but it's still scary, that we are going to a hospital that has positive people in it.

No heroics people. If you need to close to stay safe, close. It's not worth the risk. Those of us not in hotspots have your back. Please stay safe, at all costs, especially our friends in Victoria.

Message 36 of 51
Latest reply

Not much better the other way either. I sent an item from suburban Melbourne on the 20th of July, it sat in Melbourne for three more days and was finally scanned in Perth on the 10th of August before taking another two days to travel all of 15 kilometres to Girrawheen to be received by the buyer.
Message 37 of 51
Latest reply

I sent an item to Tasmania.

It hit Dandenong South a couple of days later. Then Perth 5 days after that. Then Dandenong South 5 days after that. Then reached Tasmania 2 days after that. There is a clear 10 day AP snafu in there.

Message 38 of 51
Latest reply

I sent an item to perth, arrived at Melbourne Airport 2 days later, Then got to Darwin 12 days later, finally Perth 6 days later.
Message 39 of 51
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
I sent an item to perth, arrived at Melbourne Airport 2 days later, Then got to Darwin 12 days later, finally Perth 6 days later.

Pony express 😁

Message 40 of 51
Latest reply