Do Buyers Still Get A Warning When Leaving Low DSRs?

I know they don't count towards anything any more, but I can't help but be a bit miffed that a zero feedback buyer has left me all 1s, and a glowing feedback comment.

So out of curiousity, I'm wondering if buyers still get a warning prompt before they leave low DSRs? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Do Buyers Still Get A Warning When Leaving Low DSRs?

I just ran some reports (see my thread DSRs).

just found 2 more who both paid late at night, I posted the NEXT day, both left me low stars for postage and one even left me a 3 for communication? WTH....I had no messages from her, she received notifications that a) she was the winning buyer, b) her item was posted. I see it pointless sending personal emails when they already receive these eBay generated messages.

i was of the understanding that if you had no "actual" communication with a seller, the stars are greyed out an you get automatic 5 stars.  Happened when I purchased an item. We had no emails to each other and the stars were greyed out saying because there was no Comms I couldn't mark the stars.  Has this changed in the last 2 months?

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

There are more requirements than no communication to get the auto 5 stars for Communication. Yet another stupid eBay requirement.

Answer buyer questions promptly, pack your items really well, ship same or next day, and you can still be marked down because buyers are asked to select a rating with no clues on what the rating is.

communication_5stars.JPG

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

And yet if you do message a buyer, then they write back and say, "Thanks!", their reply seems to sit there as an unanswered question for all eternity - drives me nuts!

@justkidzbiz wrote:

I just ran some reports (see my thread DSRs).

just found 2 more who both paid late at night, I posted the NEXT day, both left me low stars for postage and one even left me a 3 for communication? WTH....I had no messages from her, she received notifications that a) she was the winning buyer, b) her item was posted. I see it pointless sending personal emails when they already receive these eBay generated messages.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

And yet if you do message a buyer, then they write back and say, "Thanks!", their reply seems to sit there as an unanswered question for all eternity - drives me nuts!

On your My eBay summary page, click the link in the notification that says you have X items with questions to answer.

They'll all pop up in a list with a red banner. You can then go through (one by one, unfortunately) and pull up the dropdown menu on the right and click "mark as answered".

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Ahh...thank you for the tip!  😄

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply