Do Buyers Still Get A Warning When Leaving Low DSRs?

I know they don't count towards anything any more, but I can't help but be a bit miffed that a zero feedback buyer has left me all 1s, and a glowing feedback comment.

So out of curiousity, I'm wondering if buyers still get a warning prompt before they leave low DSRs? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I recall reading somewhere on the boards here, the way ebay have set up the 'new look' page for feedback that it apparently reads back to front and looks like 1 means great and 5 means awful unless you really look closely 

Seems to be another way ebay is screwing sellers

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I have the new feedback page.  I'm waiting for an item to be delivered.

The new page doesn't say what the stars are for.   Just click on 1 - 5

No explanation of what the numbers mean.  So a noob would be confused methinks.

You can message them and ask - wouldn't hurt. 

And might clear it up for the next time/seller

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

ring ebay & have someone remove the low ratings, citing their glowing f/b
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your responses.

The rep said they don't usually remove feedback in these circumstances, but said that they would make an exception in this case. They had to remove the comment as well (which was positive), but that's okay.

I feel quite petty, but it was more the principle of the buyer being able to do it (leave an overhwhelmingly positive comment with the lowest DSRs possible) that made me want to have it removed.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the buyer no longer gets a warning when leaving low stars, according to the rep.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No info on the new feedback page about what the stars mean except when you hover over the stars the numbers 1 to 5 popup. No warnings, no asking for further info. Really stupid.

There is still a popup if you go to leave neutral or negative asking has the buyer contacted the seller.

new_feedback.png

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I still believe that some buyers assume you don't know what DSR they left. I had someone last year leave glowing feedback, implying I was THE best seller in the world (I am, but that's beside the point LOL!!). Then they left 1 star for everything. I sent them a polite message asking if there was a problem and if there was, they just needed to let me know and I'd fix it.

They replied back saying there was no problem, they leave 1 star for everyone and as far as they knew, sellers didn't know what rating they left. That was well before the new look one came out when you did get a pop up saying sellers can see who left what rating. I informed them that sellers could see and they'd find themselves on a lot of blocked lists.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I still believe that some buyers assume you don't know what DSR they left. I had someone last year leave glowing feedback, implying I was THE best seller in the world (I am, but that's beside the point LOL!!). Then they left 1 star for everything. I sent them a polite message asking if there was a problem and if there was, they just needed to let me know and I'd fix it.

They replied back saying there was no problem, they leave 1 star for everyone and as far as they knew, sellers didn't know what rating they left. That was well before the new look one came out when you did get a pop up saying sellers can see who left what rating. I informed them that sellers could see and they'd find themselves on a lot of blocked lists.

Agreed, Tippy. I'm sure some buyers ding stars just because they can (and they get a kick out of seeing someone's stars change as a result of something they did . . . makes them feel important, or something? I don't know).

I've definitely been getting more dings than usual the past 6 months, and they seem to be random, rather than being indicative of anything I'm doing wrong.

For example, one buyer bought 5 items, left 5 stars for everything, except for a 1 on communication on one of the items. Feedback comments were like yours - "My FAVOURITE eBay seller!" etc. It makes zero sense, so I can only conclude that it was in error. However, if they buy anything else, I will be checking their ratings, because if it happens again then I have to conclude that they're doing it for a kick.

I just do not understand why eBay constantly re-work interfaces and make them less informative and more difficult to use. As BigBrick posted, it's not self-explanatory at all.

I'm sure some buyers think 1 star = number 1, numero uno, the best. All eBay needs to do is add one extra line to explain.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

so you implied a threat to get better feedback??? would have made me review my feedback stating that.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

The buyer had already left the feedback with low star ratings so it was hardly an implied threat....the feedback could not be altered anyway as it was positive.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply