Do you sell coins/paper money/wine? Managed Payments heads up

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2020/2/1581125631.html

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/2/1583036988.html

What is the policy?

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

• Adult only items, including movies and video games
  • Airline, rail, and cruise tickets
  • Auction services
  • Bullion
  • Coins & paper money
  • Event tickets
  • Gift cards & coupons
  • Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
  • Memberships for campground and RV parks
  • Motor vehicles
  • Wine
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

totally understandable. it sounds like it'll be an absolute mess - but as always, i guess it's a case of waiting and seeing. 

my understanding was that under adyen, which is the payment processor - all the other payment options would be managed by that platform and the "managed payments" system which included PayPal - and that ebay would still be able to hold funds from PayPal payments as the payment would essentially go to ebay and be re-directed to the seller after x amount of time. though, i have no source to back it up; just remembered reading it early on when info was coming out about it. hopefully that's not the case. 

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

All sounds like a default cover-my-asre thing, with blanket bans on all of the "risky" items.

Adult only items: Because those particular "movies" with an X rating are illegal to sell in most parts of Australia anyway (I doubt they were even thinking about the more common restricted ratings of MA15+ or R18+)
Tickets (transport, events, sports, etc.): Stops scalpers
Auction services: Don't know what they mean here (as in eBay auction listings being discontinued, or non-eBay sales e.g. links to other auction sites or physical auctions being listed as an eBay listing)
Bullion, Coins, Gift Cards/Coupons etc. (I'm surprised they didn't mention postage stamps!): Stops money-laundering
Wine: I have absolutely no idea why wine is banned and not the cr&ppy yellow stuff or lolly water
Vehicles, properties, rentals etc. - probably the shadiest part of eBay in that some buyer protections don't apply
Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Have you watched the video in the second link from the first post at 9.30.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply