Do you sell coins/paper money/wine? Managed Payments heads up

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2020/2/1581125631.html

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/2/1583036988.html

What is the policy?

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

• Adult only items, including movies and video games
  • Airline, rail, and cruise tickets
  • Auction services
  • Bullion
  • Coins & paper money
  • Event tickets
  • Gift cards & coupons
  • Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
  • Memberships for campground and RV parks
  • Motor vehicles
  • Wine
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Do you know what is the purpose of bringing the managed payments?

Does ebay realize how much they're about to lose?

I'm also on another platform but it doesn't compare to ebay but this could be the chance that this other platform starts to gain momentum?

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

That's pretty good for those sellers that sell things that aren't on the list of items regarding this thread and hopefully all of these items will be allowed to be sold on ebay.

I hear of sellers complaining about sales being low and non existent in some circumstances but I can tell you that the sale of coins is easily one of the top earners in fees for ebay.

Coins sell all year round when other items don't,so this isn't going to be good for both parties if it comes to an end.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

I would not be too concerned about it as there is nothing you can do to stop it. I have found over the years whenever a change happens you just adapt to whatever they have done and make it work for you the best you can. 

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

I received an invite email a few weeks ago and one of the topics mentioned was managed payments so may be worth finding out more. Although it is not something I see helping increase sales but I would be interested in how it will work.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
here's the announcement:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Updated-eBay-to-Intermediate-Payments-on-its-Mar...

From that link -

PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

my understanding stawks, is that the option of PayPal would still be a payment option under the Adyen system - wouldn't that still mean it falls under "Managed Payments?" maybe i've got the wrong idea though.. 

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

TBH...I have NFI no clue

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

From reading all the early information on it my understanding is that buyers will be able to use a lot more forms of payment than now. The big difference is that the money all goes direct to ebay rather than direct to the seller, then ebay takes their cut and forwards what's left to the seller.

Those in the US who participated in their trial had to agree that they'd have no access to paypal, but that's not how it's supposed to be when it's rolled out everywhere.

I get DD payments for at least 80% of my sales elsewhere but buyers get to know a person's name a bit more and you're not just someone hiding behind a username. I've learnt a lot about what others buy, how much they'll pay, etc, by everything being so public.  

If they start charging a flagfall per item rather than per payment I'll be concentrating a lot more of my efforts elsewhere!

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

if it occurs here my questions would be about: are we being charged a fee per transaction or item?....what categories are exempt, if any?How long will it take sellers to get their funds?
Message 20 of 23
Latest reply