Dodgy buyer.. why are they allowed to still buy?

I have sold an item bnwt worth $50 as free standard post, and just took a quick look at her feedback.. seems only half her items arrive, she has left loads of negatives for items not recieved.. This is so annoying! Ebay should kick these buyers off.. even if they are honest, they are clearly having things stolen and are an expensive risk for sellers. My options are to register the letter, out of pocket an extra $4.. send by a satchel with insurance $6 out of pocket, but recieve compensation is lost.. I am torn, because it sucks that if she is expecting to claim it's not recieved, somehow she will still get a refund.. Mthe item sold $23 free postage.

If I send via satchel with insurance, and if tracking shows it's delivered.... will australia post refund me if she denies she has recieved it when their records show she has?  Any other suggestions to cover myself.?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

If you sent by large letter with no tracking you are right... not a leg to stand on if the buyer opens a return case.

If you sent by any means with tracking and to the PayPal address and that tracking shows delivered to the buyer's suburb then you do have seller protection if the buyer opens a return case.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

She has already bought from us a while back and the item went large letter too.

In fact we are right on top of her feedback as the last seller to leav her feedback.

But we've heard nothing from her.

Think I'll now add her to our party list tho.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Just looked and we have only mailed this to her on 4th August.

So it would not have had a chance to arrive Brisbane to remote WA just yet.

So we could be in for hearing from her yet.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up - she's a very unlucky shopper
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

How do I see who this buyer is to add her to my list?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Look for some cleverly placed capital letters

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Those red dots were left over a year ago, though.

She's been buying up big the past 6 months and only left one fb

I don't see a problem buyer, sorry

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Is that how you see it? From my experience, feedback is left when sellers dont give in and refund, mostly she leaves none or positive.. out of 50 feedbacks, at least 10 are item not recieved.. You are certainly more trusting than I

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I guess I will buy a registered letter label... and have the post office scan it before I post it... she will have to sign for it. Pretty annoying to lose any profit before you even sell something.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

You are preaching to the coverted here, the reason being, Ebay protects crooks because it needs them to make it's filthy profits.

A scamming buyer only has to scream out to Ebay that they have a little issue and Ebay will take your money and return it to them, without so much of a fair hearing from the seller. If you are lucky enough to have the same item returned that you sold in the first place, then you are supposed to just keep quiet and cop it sweet while the scammer continues on doing the same thing to others. Until sellers can leave balanced feedback for buyers, this practice will continue. Crucifying sellers is totally allowed, but don't dare touch the protected buyer. What a one way system it is.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply