Does Australia Post deliver parcels on Saturday now?

I opened my front door 15 minutes ago and found a big parcel sitting there. It was from my supplier and sent via Registered Post.

I'm happy that the parcel arrived early but also a bit confused. I've never had parcels delivered on Saturday before. And I've never had Registered Post parcel dropped at door like that.

I checked tracking number and it says "in transit".

Have you got Registered Post items dropped at door without getting your signature?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

travelling_agoraphobic
Community Member

At this time of the year, yes.

I think it was included in the November price increase announcement

Haven't had any problem with Registered Post parcels, but again, at this time of the year they are probably employing a lot more casual staff who have no idea what they should be doing.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I don't know about the registered thing, not getting a signature is a bit dodgy, if it were likely there might be a problem.

However, our contractors always do extra deliveries for the 3-4 weeks before Christmas, otherwise they are completely overwhelmed, so I don't think that is surprising for this time of year.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

In the weeks before Christmas,AP does deliver on a Saturday.

Re registered post being left at door-this would/should only happen if you have signed an Authority to Leave form with AP.I have had this in place for around 6 years-I hate going to so called 'local' PO as trying to find a park at ANY time of day is a joke.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

I have the same issues with local parking - it's hopeless.  Plus with arthritis, standing in queues at the post office (and sometimes they snake beyond the shop and well out into the mall) is not an option - especially leading up to Christmas.  One long queue for me means two painful days for my knees to recover.

I've had two parcels delivered this week - one supposedly requiring a signature and one plastered with stickers that said do not safe drop.  I know it can be risky but frankly I was so grateful the post office left them in 'the usual place' instead of carding them.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

They did announce somewhere Syrups that they'd be working on weekends through Nov. to Christmas to get all the extra parcels delivered on time.

It's a pleasant surprise to find a parcel at the door over the weekend  😄

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

lpede5
Community Member

I am currently having the same problem of Australia Post dumping registered post items at my house when absolutely no one is home. At first it happened with a $750 Iphone 4s sent via express post platinum, just left behind a pot plant all day. I emailed Australia Post and they "investigated". Their response was this;

"We have been advised there was a previous authority to leave all signature items at this address. They have now cancelled this request and all signature items will be carded to your local post office should there be no one in attendance."

Even though we have been living here for a couple of years, and have never had it happened before. And to top it off the day I got that email there was another registered post item dumped at my front door when I got home, when no one had been home all day. They are hopeless, am waiting on yet another investigation.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I am currently having the same problem of Australia Post dumping registered post items at my house when absolutely no one is home.

It was happening to me few years ago; in the end I made a nice sign saying:  "If no one is at home, please card all parcels, do not leave them here" and when I went out I hang it on my front door. 

i also hate going to the PO collect my parcels, but like even less finding parcels worth hundreds of dollars sitting on my front porch clearly visible from the street.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

To stop parcels being dropped when no-one home, we put up a big locked gate!

That fixed the problem!

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I live in a block of units and Tuesday a parcel that needed both ID and signature was left on my doorstep.

It had already been arranged that the only ID would be my drivers licence.

Not happy, but lucky it was't stolen, however 1 parcel has gone missing so i will have to chase it up on Monday.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply