Does anyone else think we as sellers should be able to rate buyers - if they don't pay no negative

It doesn't happen often, but always with an expensive item that I have sold, and not always with a new member.  Some of the older members are doing this too.  They buy an item, don't pay on time and then disregard any messages sent to sort the matter out.  All you can do is lodge a complaint in the Resolution Centre which amounts to nothing if they still don't pay.  I would like to see a range of options to grade the buyers in their feedback who do this and that should sort out the non payers.  Such a waste of time with these types of people.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Does anyone else think we as sellers should be able to rate buyers - if they don't pay no negati

So you want to leave negative feedback for them paying for their item???
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone else think we as sellers should be able to rate buyers - if they don't pay no negati

I'm all for being able to leave negative feedback for non-paying bidders after recent experiences - I've sold the exact same item four times in the last month, the first three buyers didn't pay, and didn't respond to the UPI cases. Each was a brand-new account (ie: one or two days old) with zero feedback.

The item sold again on the weekend - and again, it's a brand-new account with zero feedback, who hasn't responded to invoices. So, another UPI case coming up.

And yeah, they'll get a UPI strike, which doesn't protect the next buyer they target - UPI blocks can only be set for two or more unpaid items, meaning another seller has to get disadvantaged before a second UPI strike is lodged against the "buyer", and the UPI blocks then kick in.

But blocks can be also be set for buyers with -1 or worse feedback - being able to leave negative feedback for non-paying bidders means that extra level of seller security would kick in immediately.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I am referring to buyers who never pay, even after opening a case and emailing them for about a week.  The emails are ignored and the case eventually closes with only a registration of not paying on their account.  Useless.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

only if they never pay

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

My non-payers are a mixture of new and multi-star buyers

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I also believe that the seller should be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer, they have all the rights and we have none. E-bay gets their fees from buyers so they are always right. 

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@crosioplace wrote:

I also believe that the seller should be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer, they have all the rights and we have none. E-bay gets their fees from buyers so they are always right. 

I think the bit about ebay always getting their fees just about sums it up.

It isn't just buyers they get them from either. They get fees from sellers who may 'sell' something, but a buyer never pays and the seller either doesn't bother or isn't sure how to get fees back. Or doesn't realise they can. I would suspect that happens a fair bit with new sellers of small items.

Ebay also will not be putting up negative things next to user names, or at least not on public view. So I would not expect to see anything like the number of unpaid claims against them listed.

What I do think should happen though is that for every unpaid item strike they get, they should lose one number off their score. No one would necessarily know then it had gone down, not unless they were watching closely, so it would not be a public shaming.

But if it happened, then the buyer's score might fall quite low and if sellers could block buyers with a negative score, that might help.

I doubt it happens often, but there must be the occasional buyers who, if all their unpaid cases were deducted, would fall into the negative range. 

The feedback isn't a big issue as it won't help sellers before a sale, but strategies that help block bad buyers before they can buy, that might be useful.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply