Does anyone know a Solicitor to take on buyer?

Hi All,

Does anybody know a solicitor that will help remove an unfair negative feedback and seek damages for defamation?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Does anyone know a Solicitor to take on buyer?

At what cost though, to the person doing the sueing? Can the average person (not a celeb, media outlet) afford to do it?

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Often the credible threat of a lawsuit is enough to have comments removed - e.g. correspondence from a solicitor. Actually following through and being awarded damages would be expensive, even if costs were awarded there is the question of whether the defendant actually has any money!

There is this one  but clearly the ex didn't have a lot of money as she defended herself.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Often the credible threat of a lawsuit is enough to have comments removed .. I wouldn't bet on that. 

I wonder if the ex got his $12,500?

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

What does the comment actually say?

Nothing in your post suggests defamation. Refund and / or wrong item is irrelevant - the buyer can still leave a negative comment on the item or the experience. I know you probably know this, but defamation involves a false statement - defamation is a lot more specific than most people realise (not too many get past the dictionary definition), and opinion is almost never false.  just "unfair" feedback?  tough luck, that doesnt mean its defamation.  

Google a defamation lawyer - hundreds in every city. Even if they arent defamation specific, every firm has someone who will look after them. Im not sure what you mean by a solicitor who will "take on" the case - generally you PAY them to do it.  Theyll "tsake on" a cartwheel in a bunny suit if you pay them enough. Unless you mean you want one of those lawyers who dont charge unless you win compensation (which is unlikely, and they arent going to waste their time on something like this with almost zero pay, if any at all).

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@bjmonty28 wrote:

Well this business`s sales is dropping from $11K a month to under $9K very fast.

That "pretty red dot" is causing more trouble than you could imagine.

The buyer bought an item thinking it was the correct item for his need and returned it for a refund so we refunded (minus postage) and we received a negative. Pfft.

He even admits in emails that he purchased the wrong item. I am sure there are solicitors who will take this on.

Are the  Emails contrary to the feedback?

If so,then contacting eBay may get the neg removed?

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

no win no fee, if you lose you still get  the other persons legal fees and court costs. high risk i think.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Update.

Thanks everyone for their support.

Extra Kudos to Go-Tazz for encouraging me to contact eBay again and express the fact that the buyer admitted he purchased the wrong item,.

They removed the feedback completely, within minutes. It wasnt even a lengthy phone call to eBay. They asked me to hold and they looked into it and came back saying it will be removed.

Neg removed and buyer now blocked 🙂

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

@bjmonty28 wrote:

Update.

Thanks everyone for their support.

Extra Kudos to Go-Tazz for encouraging me to contact eBay again and express the fact that the buyer admitted he purchased the wrong item,.

They removed the feedback completely, within minutes. It wasnt even a lengthy phone call to eBay. They asked me to hold and they looked into it and came back saying it will be removed.

Neg removed and buyer now blocked 🙂

Fantastic outcome! Would be nice to know who the buyer is in a cryptic message, lol

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

What a great outcome for you congrats!

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply