Does anyone know how to authenticate Manolo Blahnik Hangisiflats?

I have a pair of Manolo Blahnik Hangisiflat black with green crystals size 36.
I am not sure if they are real or fake? Can anyone help me with this please? Can I post photos here?
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can post photos -don't us the attachments feature though

You can post more than one.

add photo.jpg

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Sex and the Cityโ€™s fab four spent six seasons name-checking Manolo Blahnik, so it came as no surprise when Mr. Big proposed to Carrie not with a ring, but with the opulent Hangisi pump. The franchise helped make Manolos a household name, and when the first film was released, fans went wild for the blue satin pump now often referred to as โ€œthe Sex and the City shoe.โ€ The Hangisi became so coveted that itโ€™s now the most commonly counterfeited Blahnik, closely followed by the BB and the Carolyne, but the trained eye can always spot an imposter. โ€œThe brooch is made from Swarovski crystals and is bound to a satin backing, sewn in place with monofilament,โ€ explains Wetzbarger. โ€œIf you see the ornament glued onto the satin, or if you see it attached with metal brads, that would be a sign it is inauthentic.โ€

https://realstyle.therealreal.com/spot-real-manolo-blahnik-shoes/

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Resized_20190912_122823_5427.jpeg

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Here are some photos of shoes. Thanks for help!Resized_20190912_122909_9304.jpegResized_20190912_122851_8656.jpeg

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Resized_20190912_122836_7852.jpeg

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I'm no expert, that's for sure, but if you check the link I put up, it will help you.

In an ideal world you would have a receipt.

Are the crystals glued on to the satin or sewn on with filament?

If they are glued they are fake.

โ€œThe brooch is made from Swarovski crystals and is bound to a satin backing, sewn in place with monofilament,โ€ explains Wetzbarger. โ€œIf you see the ornament glued onto the satin, or if you see it attached with metal brads, that would be a sign it is inauthentic.โ€

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I'll go out on a limb here and say they are fakes.

The soles look almost unused but the upper look very shabby and not well made....there are loose threads.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Dunno Lyndal.  I think that 'loose thread' is a hair - cat hair.

I can't find any black flats with green crystals - I haven't looked real hard though.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@bell_6462 wrote:

Resized_20190912_122823_5427.jpeg

far be it for me to think I could help spot fake shoes, so I'll limit this comment to a 'spot the difference' comment.

The brand label on the shoe on the left above is skewed. The label on the one in the link is not skewed.

Also, the horizontal bottom part of the 'L' in the pic above looks short compared to the spot a fake page.

Also, on your pics there are 5 dots under the 'hand made in Italy' stamp on the sole and the size is stamped between the hand made in Italy and the brand name as well as the brand name being stamped in a different font.

So, with my eagle eye, I will say they differ from the spot a fake website, different enough to raise doubt about their authenticity.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply