Does anyone know of a good pen to use? Considering paper is white I want a black one

pleaseeeee....PS don'' Just to write....

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Does anyone know of a good pen to use? Considering paper is white I want a black one

Staedtler Lumocolor here.....definitely waterproof instantaneouly.  Never known them to bleed even when wet.

I use them a lot to label CDs and DVDs and have never smudged one yet.

I use the Fine but would recommend the Medium at least for parcels.

And they are definitely permanent....I accidentally put one down and it rolled onto a favourite top of mine....left a 1cm blob of ink.  I sent it to the drycleaner with a note a to what the mark was and have washed it dozens of time since but the mark is till there with minimal fading.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone know of a good pen to use? Considering paper is white I want a black one

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Staedtler Lumocolor here.....definitely waterproof instantaneouly.  Never known them to bleed even when wet.

I use them a lot to label CDs and DVDs and have never smudged one yet.

I use the Fine but would recommend the Medium at least for parcels.

Sounds like my kinda pen ๐Ÿ˜„ - how fine is the fine? (I did look them up, but can't see a measurement on the listings). The Sharpies I use are 0.4mm which is ideal for the packages I address by hand (these aren't large parcels, just small padded envelopes, and sometimes the addresses can be long so I need a bold ink, with a tip capable of compact [capital] lettering in small areas. 

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Ran out of time to edit.... Smiley Embarassed Was just going to add I found the size for the fine ๐Ÿ˜„ (0.6mm), so all good. 

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I like similar ones to what Stawks said. I get them in packs of 4 from Officeworks for a few bucks. Much nicer to use than a ballpoint. If I use it to label parcels or padded mailers I put tape over it to stop it running in the event it gets wet. The PO complimented me on doing that as they have seen lots of mail with running addresses.

Don't use liquid paper on the computer screen.

I tape over the address too!

No compliments yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

And they are definitely permanent....I accidentally put one down and it rolled onto a favourite top of mine....left a 1cm blob of ink.  I sent it to the drycleaner with a note a to what the mark was and have washed it dozens of time since but the mark is till there with minimal fading.

best fix for this problem

put blobs all over the top in a uniform pattern so it looks like it was the original fabric design.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

put blobs all over the top in a uniform pattern so it looks like it was the original fabric design.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Trust you to come up with a solution like this.

Actually, it was a while ago now that it happened and the top has almost reached it's use by date.  It will probably see this summer out then be relegated to the rag bag.

Digi, I am glad you found the size as I was examining mine and there is nothing on it apart from an F.

If you try one and like it, have a look at buying them on ebay.  My original pack came from Germany but I have found a seller in Queensland who sells a pack of 1 dozen for half of what they cost at Officeworks.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
I never have to buy pens. I find them on the ground all the time. Found a gold plated opal encrusted pen once
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks. I might give them a go.....I have been using ballpoint and they are quite **bleep**. I fear using the felt tip type ones for some reason. It would seem though that there is some time needed for the ink to set? For any pen 

I payed $3 for a pen at the newsagent and they suck really bad. They smudge (after ages) and give like an outline of the writing. I use different surfaces so it might be down to the fact that it is good for one thing.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Might have to rip the old quill as you say....Buyers beware it will take like 10 years to get orders out

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Dylan, selling paper products I can't have a pen that blobs or smudges or leaks.

The Unipin is brilliant

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply