Does stating HANDLE WITH CARE OR DO NOT BEND OR FRAGILE on a pack do any good

bjlcr
Community Member

I have heard that some postal workers take no notice if warnings are written on parcels and sometimes do the complete opposite to what is asked on parcels.A Buyer has asked me to write Handle with Care and Do not bend on her pack.I pefer not to do this but if she wants to take the repondsibility of what may happen .I will do it for her...I alway pack very well and have had no damage to items .

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

...and improved your Soccer skills too! Could you "bend" it like Beckham?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Delivery drivers don't work in the parcel centre and aren't generally subject to CCTV.

Maybe not CCTV but they are subjected to prowling supervisors and security staff which is just as hard to avoid.

These days there are no second chances....if you are caught breaking the rules you are out.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

...and improved your Soccer skills too! Could you "bend" it like Beckham?

LOL, no, but I nearly broke my tailbone and hip a few times when I tried to bend it like Beckham! It gave the neighbours a great laugh watching me landing on my rear end a few times.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Above and beyond the duty-of-care for a seller. Would have been funny to see without knowing why! Good you didn't actually break anything (you, hubby, parcel)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

The only thing that got damaged (apart from my pride and almost a few broken bones) was the fake label I had put on it. It got torn. So, I tape over the label fully, so there's no chance of it getting torn. Plus on the off chance it gets wet, the writing won't be smudged (I've received 2 parcels that had obviously been wet at some point during their trip).

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

I tape over handwritten labels also, or anything inky that could smudge in the post.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply