Don't go on holidays

I have been on holidays.All my listings stated that I was away until 11/1/18.I returned 2 days early.

there were 7 sales, which I posted on 10/1/18.

because I was penalised last time I had a holiday, I rang ebay to say I had posted all items . I have been told I will  have my seller dashboard penalised.

Can any kind ebayer tell me how to stop this happening , please

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Don't go on holidays

Thank you I have tried to remove the butterfly. XX

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, It has gone now.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

digital*ghost, butterfly shrinker...

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Yet another person who seems to think typing their headings and descriptions in all caps is effective. It's not.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I put my employer's eBay store into "holiday mode", and extended the handling time to 15 business days. This easily covered the period we had off.

But, yes - mid-way through the holiday break we had a buyer send a frosty e-mail demanding to know why it was taking so long to despatch the item. I sent an equally frosty e-mail including screen-caps of the "This seller is away until..." banner and the 15 day handling time. 

And on Monday - a buyer purchases an item and pays. Then immediately sends a message saying they want to cancel the order as the 15 day handling time is excessive.

You can't win...

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I had the same thing happen to me a bit over a year ago. Unfortunatetly eBay has never properly implemented a holiday mode, so your title is really the only solution that works, don't go on holidays.

We put our store on holiday mode and monitored sales. We contacted anyone who bought something and told them when we would be shipping and offered to cancel their order. None of our customers made any complaints, but ebay still penalised us and it took about 6-9 months for our account to properly recover, at least it seemed that way. Our sales were very quiet for months.

Other than not going on holidays, here are the options:

1) End all your listings. This is probably the safest option, but you lose things like sales history, and it will be hard to get momentum going again, so it's not really recommended.

2) Turn on holiday mode, this puts a little banner up telling customers that you are away, but it's very easy to miss this banner when you are scanning through dozens of listings.

3) Hide your listings, this helps, but it only hides your listings from search, people can still find your listings from things like direct links.

4) Extend your handling time to a couple of days after your return. This will prevent you from getting defects on your account.

5) Have a friend or family member do your shipping while you are away.

I'm going away later in the year, and will probably do 2, 3, and 4, as well as making my own banner in my description advising customers of the extended delays.

There is no way to fix any of your problems after the fact, other than maybe by sweet talking someone at eBay. You just have to take your lumps and not give up before your store recovers.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

take a screenshot of your holiday settings and forward to ebay.....they should remove defects....I have done it twice
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply