Don't know what the record is on bank reversal but...

Don't know what the forums record is on a bank reversal but just had a customer get 2 paypal transactions reversed from the 17th of june by contacting there bank and reversing it that way. Thought that was quite epic. Anyone can do better than that?

No contact from buyer of course and not answering their phone.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Don't know what the record is on bank reversal but...

Are you actually saying a buyer purchased - paid through PayPal - received the goods - 2 months later had their bank reverse the payment transactions.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
What do Paypal have to say about that?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

sounds like Crdit Card chargebacks

often it is the Bank who claws back the money on c/cards where the buyer has gone over their limit

but 2 months???

did you contest it thu PayPal??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Has to be seen to be believed. Paypal has given me 3 options of which none are satisfactory.

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

AAAAAAAHHHHHH.

They are waiting for 'seller's response' - try - Gob Smacked

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is a plain old Unauthorised Use of Credit Card chargeback.....nothing too unusual.   It is not all that unusual for sellers to come here complaining about them.

Sometimes they are legitimate....a card has been used illegally.  Sometimes the buyer does not even know that the bank has initiated it.

And sometimes it is a scam by the buyer.

All you can do is fight it if you posted by a method that gives you seller protection.  If you don't have seller protection just pay up and don't fight it or you will be hit with a fee for each chargeback.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Wicked, so

Enquiry
Bank Return

&

Unauthorised payment
Chargeback

are essentially the same thing? what are the time limitations of CC charge backs then? or is that based on each banks policy?
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, chargeback times are based on each individual bank's policies.

Some are as long as 12 months, some are 6 months (one of my CCs is 6 months) but the most usual seems to be 3 months (my Visa debit card is 90 days)

The "enquiry" could mean that the buyer does not recognise the transaction on her card statement and has asked about it so the bank has started the chargeback immediately rather than waiting for the buyer to confirm it or dispute it.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Bottom line is you either have proof of posting to Paypal's standard for seller protection in which case you should provide it or you will lose the dispute if it goes to the next stage.

If you fight it and lose you will have an extra $15 to pay so be very sure if you intend doing so.

You have the address of the person the goods were sent to so I would email them saying that should the payment be reversed you will expect them to make payment to your bank account (give details) or you will be contacting the police as they will have obtained goods by deception.

Of course it is an empty threat if you have no proof of delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply