E Cheque

Good Morning all! I had a buyer pay with an e-cheque. What is this? I have Paypal as my only payment method so how did they bypass this? Also it says there's no seller protection. All I know is to not send until it clears.

Can anyone enlighten me please?
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

E Cheque

I am pretty sure they usually have a date when they will be cleared and then sometimes may take a day or so longer. 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Yeah it said I will get a notification when the money has gone into my Paypal account and then I can post.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

@eol-products wrote:

I am pretty sure they usually have a date when they will be cleared and then sometimes may take a day or so longer. 

They normally take about 5 days to clear.  Have had several fail to clear, sometimes it can be sorted out with the buyer, but I can only assume some buyers take a chance on item being forwarded before payment  is cleared.

I nearly forwarded an item just before Christmas, without cleared payment, decided against it and payment never cleared, buyer never to be heard from again.

The buyer can also cancel the payment,  during the clearance time.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Have had a few take an extra week and put it down to something I do occasionally and withdraw funds forgetting to leave the amount that will be withdrawn. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

There are a few reasons, that result in a Genuine error, but most times it is genuine the buyer will apologise .  Have had some who have kept in touch and finally manage to pay.  It is easy enough to keep payment pending, as long as they make an effort.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Buyers often don't know an eCheque has been spawned, so I usually send them a message letting them know, and also that the item won't be posted until payment is cleared. 

Unless there is money in my PayPal, my purchases are usually paid from the bank account. Most of the time they go through as instant payment, but every now and then it will show that if I proceed, the payment will be an eCheque and the item won't be sent until it's cleared. If I'm not in a hurry for the item I will let it go through. If I am, I'll change the payment method to the credit card. 

It's in red, but the writing is small, so some buyers may not see it. Others may not even know what it is, so proceed anyway. Most of the time they take 3-5 days to clear, but I have had them take 2 weeks. When they take longer than normal I will send the buyer a message letting them know payment still hasn't cleared.

From the buyers end, instead of having the blue $ showing as payment made, there will be an egg timer. The same thing will be seen on your selling page next to the item. When the payment clears, it will change to the $ sign. PayPal will also send you a message.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

a buyer on another account this morning informed me that the BSB number had MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared from my bank details payment link in checkout. might be worth checking your details if you offer bank deposit as a payment option

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Some time back I think sellers were having issues with BSB's disappearing. My details are fine and it really has nothing to do with eCheques. eCheques are spawned from a buyer paying FROM a bank account, not paying INTO a bank account.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

I had this a month or so ago with the BSB missing but no idea how long it was not there.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply