EBAY HAS REFUNDED THE BUYER BEFORE I HAVE MY ITEM BACK

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: EBAY HAS REFUNDED THE BUYER BEFORE I HAVE MY ITEM BACK

cq_tech
Community Member
This is getting out of hand and eBay have gone too far yet again. You could always try the polite approach by contacting "Help & Contact" at the top right of the page, but if they did it to me, I'd would personally be going for the jugular. No mucking about, I'd be making formal written complaints with the ACCC, NCAT, FOS, and Fair Trading, and even trying to get the media involved.

It is also your absolute right to take eBay to court yourself if you wish, and it costs surprisingly little to do so. A quick chat with the Clerk of the Court at your local Courthouse will provide you with all the information you need to take out a summons against eBay and as they have breached their own terms and conditions, they would more than likely want to settle out of court. It's about time somebody took eBay to the cleaners as they've been trampling all over our legal rights for far too long now.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

We took a matter to the small claims court a few years back over a rental agent treating us unfairly in a bond dispute. Cost us nothing but time and were won the case.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

100% agree.

the problem is everyone allows eBay to do as they please by continuing to use there platform.

we can all whinge day in day out but until people take a stand and stop listing nothing now or in the future will change.

this is why eBay & paypal do what they do because they don't fear anything as they know people will hate what they do but will continue to use there service. If sellers stopped waisting there time complaining here on the forums where eBay don't even bother checking and do something that grabs ebays attention ( stop listing for 3 months).

sales are at an all time low here and with high fvf and postage fees to me it makes sence now would be the time to bring ebay to its knees. 3 months of sellers not listing will force ebay to step back and make changes or fold and cost shareholders millions. but we all know this wont happen because people will always put there own needs first before taking a stand and making it better for everyone.  

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Agree wholeheartedly.

But we need the income to survive. If we did not list for 3-months then we can't eat etc. Minor 3rd world problem perhaps!

We are going to try "Betsy" in the new year. It seems to be gathering some momentum and the overall fees are around 33% lower than ebay. If that can get running sufficiently welll for us then we would be in a position to can listings here for 3-months.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Clarry, be careful of Betsy's listing fees, they are in US dollars & cents - the further our dollar goes down the more Betsy is actually charging us.

I haven't had any sales with them (in a couple of days short of 2 months), actually no lookers on all but 1 - I'm just going to leave the items run their course & then not relist.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY HAS REFUNDED THE BUYER BEFORE I HAVE MY ITEM BACK

More information needed. Have they taken the refund from you, is it for item not as described or change of mind?

Ebay can refrund the buyer but cover the cost of the refund themselves if the seller has done nothing wrong. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply