EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

We have operated a small homewares store on eBay for 6 years and found sales in the last few months to be the slowest for a long time. Perhaps we need to update what we sell, but my gut feel is that the marketplace is in some sort of slump. Just a year ago we were doing a lot better. Would be interested to see if anyone feels the same? Perhaps some buyers are drifting to other outlets including facebook to make purchases? Any thoughts..?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

I would say people will buy it if it's something they want, at the right price. Usually I list general women's fashion and it's hard to shift, but I listed a bit of Vigorella (an in-demand brand) and it went like hotcakes. Still got a couple of pieces left, but I've never sold so much in one day as I did the day I listed Vigorella items. So sell stuff people actually want to buy...
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good news. I can now understand poster relectance to

specifiy products. Australian eBay has been infected the Asian

herd mentality for some time now.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

Hi, we sell arcade gaming joysticks on eBay, however no sale in 10 days, but previously we sold one joystick on 28/8/2015. Any help will be much appreciated.

John Zhao

1688store
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

@jessicadazzler wrote:
I would say people will buy it if it's something they want, at the right price. Usually I list general women's fashion and it's hard to shift, but I listed a bit of Vigorella (an in-demand brand) and it went like hotcakes. Still got a couple of pieces left, but I've never sold so much in one day as I did the day I listed Vigorella items. So sell stuff people actually want to buy...

I think you have hit the nail on the head Jessica.

Yes termalert, sellers are reluctant to give too many details of sales, especially when others are struggling, but If it helps I  will share specifics of one recent success. Last week I listed around 20 items of Garaginalia ( service station / oil related collectables ) for auction on our private account. Eight auctions recieved ten or more bids from multiple buyers, the slowest recieved three bids, the best thirteen. All sold above expectations grossing close to $2000.00. They didnt owe me much and this was on top of my regular sales from the stores, so made for a succesful week.

I suspect that ebayers who are selling cheap products that are commonly available everywhere, or who are competing with the Chinese sellers are struggling. There is still quite a good market for the rare and one - off items, especially collectables that are not competing directly with major stores, op shops and markets.

Free tip for the week. The Garaginalia market in general is smoking right now so its a good time to dust off your old enamel signs and oil bottles.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

@chameleon54 wrote:

@jessicadazzler wrote:

I think you have hit the nail on the head Jessica.

Yes termalert, sellers are reluctant to give too many details of sales, especially when others are struggling, but If it helps I  will share specifics of one recent success. Last week I listed around 20 items of Garaginalia ( service station / oil related collectables ) for auction on our private account. Eight auctions recieved ten or more bids from multiple buyers, the slowest recieved three bids, the best thirteen. All sold above expectations grossing close to $2000.00. They didnt owe me much and this was on top of my regular sales from the stores, so made for a succesful week.

I suspect that ebayers who are selling cheap products that are commonly available everywhere, or who are competing with the Chinese sellers are struggling. There is still quite a good market for the rare and one - off items, especially collectables that are not competing directly with major stores, op shops and markets.

Free tip for the week. The Garaginalia market in general is smoking right now so its a good time to dust off your old enamel signs and oil bottles.

Yes, I have to agree. I have a niche market - there's only one other person in Australia who sells what I sell, and she's much smaller than I am. All of my other competitors are overseas, but I beat them with service and postage cost. It isn't always about price.

My items are "collectable" which also helps . . . about 50% of my sales are to repeat customers, which are the best type of customers IMO. They know what to expect, and so do I - if there's ever a problem, I know they'll contact me, and they know I'll fix it.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

EBAY SALES ARE SLOW??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get out more.

Garaginalia is new to me but I am not a collector of collectables.

I am just a bower bird...lol

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply