EBAY SELLING FEES

I THINK THAT EBAY HAS BECOME VERY GREEDY IN OBTAINING FEES OF SUCH HIGH VALUE FOR PEOPLE WHO SELL ITEMS ON EBAY

I SOLD AN ITEM FOR A $1000 AND HAD TO PAY $250 FOR SELLING THE ITEM WHICH I MADE A LOSS THERE WAS NO PROFIT

I WILL NOT BE SELLING ANYTHING ON EBAY BUT ON GUMTREE AND TRADING POST WHERE IT'S FREE

STOP BEING GREEDY THIS USE TO BE A FREE SITE AND ONLY HAD TO PAY TO ADVERTISE AN ITEM THAT YOU ARE SELLING 

DISGUSTING REALLY

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

EBAY SELLING FEES

Yelling at other members is also disgusting

eBay do not read here and do not care if you sell or not

You are aware of the fees before you list the item for sale

See ya

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

I knew all time travelers would eventually find their way to ebay, in search of the illusive flux capacitor.

Please advise in which century ebays standard fees  reach 25%,  far greater than the current 13.4% + 30c.

and given that another service I use has just jumped 5.5% and is still only at 22%, while others I also use have been  22% +  for years, ebay has a lot of catching up to do.

At least it is good to know that the $ eventually reigned supreme, and speaking of reigns , is  Queen George still monarch  of the UKUNEFFFF.

Edit.  

Just to add, before you engage hyperdrive, remember to cancel your ebay listing from this time warp.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

Well heaven only knows since it was apparently on another account (no completed sales on this one)

What the item was listed under (category wise) or what extras or what defects the account had to mean they have the special 25% fee imposed on them

Awful lot of yelling with still several items listed

Hope they know the correct eBay procedure for pick up items, and all fees still get charged 

And have completed the Managed Payments things, read up about holds on funds as a new seller et all

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

Hi Sandy,  Yeah, I figure the sale  is at some point in the future.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

I considered including quotes from  your post but all those capitals are just so annoying, as well as being considered as shouting. Although I assume you were shouting as you are not happy.

As Ebay only take a fee when a seller makes a sale, that is hardly being greedy. Every human and their dog is able to list 1000s of item for free for as long as they wish (so ebay is a free site now). Given the cost of maintaining a world wide site etc ebays fees on selling are reasonable compared with other places. Naturally if a seller decides to pay extra for promoting their goods there is a fee but this is optional.

Ebay also provides a degree of protection for sellers and buyers. I may be wrong as I've never used Gumtree or Trading Post,  but it appears neither of those sites offer much protection. 

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@1964dragon wrote:

I THINK THAT EBAY HAS BECOME VERY GREEDY IN OBTAINING FEES OF SUCH HIGH VALUE FOR PEOPLE WHO SELL ITEMS ON EBAY

I SOLD AN ITEM FOR A $1000 AND HAD TO PAY $250 FOR SELLING THE ITEM WHICH I MADE A LOSS THERE WAS NO PROFIT

I WILL NOT BE SELLING ANYTHING ON EBAY BUT ON GUMTREE AND TRADING POST WHERE IT'S FREE

STOP BEING GREEDY THIS USE TO BE A FREE SITE AND ONLY HAD TO PAY TO ADVERTISE AN ITEM THAT YOU ARE SELLING 

DISGUSTING REALLY

You get 250,000 FREE listings.

I don't see any sale for $1,000 (or any at all for that matter) and you still have 4 items listed, and no way would the fees be anywhere near that amount.

download.jpg

โ€ƒ

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

โ€œSTOP BEING GREEDYโ€ โ€” you appear to be directing this command towards eBay members, just ordinary eBay members like you. These boards are not eBay High Command. They are public forums.

By all means, sell on whichever platform you wish. Be very careful about what information you provide and be suspicious about payment methods, especially by people who havenโ€™t come in person. Make yourself aware of identity theft scams. PayID scams, eBay Motors scams (there is no eBay Motors in Australia handling the sale or holding funds in escrow), stolen credit card details used for buying, etc.

As others have said, posting in all caps is considered shoutingโ€ฆ but worse than that (in my opinion) is that itโ€™s a great deal harder to read. Normal sentence case is best, but just use lower case if thatโ€™s a hassle.

Like everyone else, Iโ€™m puzzled by this $250 fee you mention on a $1000 sale. 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

I reckon the item had "free postage" and the OP is saying that on a $1,000 item they ended up with $750.  That, or the OP chose to promote the item and suffered a % of sale price for the promotion.

These are the only explanations I can think of.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

EBAY SELLING FEES

You've been a member for more than 20 years. How can you not know the fee structure for sellers?

The percentage has been around 13.4% for a very, very long time. You would only pay a higher percentage if you promoted the item, for example. Ebay has some of the lowest selling fees in comparison to other platforms.

Smart sellers take all fees into consideration when working out potential profit. 

I really hope that you are signed up and fully verified for the Managed Payments system, otherwise you won't be getting a cent of your money.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply