EBay is allowing sellers to offer NO actual products - for a fee! And that's ok with EBay

Have been recently reporting sellers who manipulate searches by offering their 'product' at a low fee but it's not the product they're actually promoting - it's a piece of garbage, while the actual product can cost ten times more.

BUT WAIT! It's now even worse! Today I came across 2 products that were actually offering NOTHING at all for $9.99. For $9.99 you get "good service" and then they offer their actual product at a much higher fee. 

Since when is this ok with EBay? For goodness sake - this is FRAUD!

Ebay has come back to me and said there was nothing wrong with the 2 listings I reported today, and this is not the first time.

If EBay wants to keep their customers, they'd better stop using AI-assisted checking of reports and take the time to check out complaints. In fact since the Ai-assisted checking of reports began, EBay is now getting more of these fraudulent listings. As a customer, who has the time to sift through hundreds of fake/manipulative/fraudulent listings? How can we possibly trust EBay if this the direction they're going?

I can't even get in contact with EBay any more - live chat no longer seems to be available. Well, I guess that does it for me... I'm outta here. Been a customer for 20 years - not any more.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: EBay is allowing sellers to offer NO actual products - for a fee! And that's ok with EBay

There are no warranties on eBay

Buyers could easily stopped keeping dodgy sellers in business 

But caring about who one buys from is far too much trouble for many people 

Correct. eBay can not do anything about sellers in China, except report them to eBay China who will do noting 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: EBay is allowing sellers to offer NO actual products - for a fee! And that's ok with EBay

@sandypebbles wrote:

except report them to eBay China who will do noting 

ironically that is what China will probably do

in their little black/red book

not so little by now

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply