EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though item has not been returned?

EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though items have not being returned.

I feel so let down.

I have a buyer who was nt happy with her item and asked if she could return it, no problem we said, still waiting for item to be return? Just receive a notice from EBay saying they have ruled in the buyers favour.

EBay has now given my buyer a full refund and gets to keep the item.

Why are buyers allowed to keep items and not have to return?

Why are sellers penalized?

Why is it all for the buyers?

This is going to open the flood gates to buyers to open disputes without having to be accountable for returning items. Especially if its as easy as saying they don't want the item?

As a seller we consistently have to send items with tracking as proof as delivery.

I have just tried to send an appeal and surprise it wont send, just another glitch.

Sorry feeling very let down.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though item has not been returned?

That is good news.

But had you not had that income or if anyone else is badly affected by a very clear case of being cheated out of money plus their goods, consider contacting a  large newspaper eg Herald Sun. Ask to speak to a reporter. They will keep putting you through to different people but eventually you will get someone.

I did that many years ago about a parking fine I got in an area where there were no signs in the street to say no parking. (council said it could not afford them in every street, so had one in another street about a km away). The police had advised me to do it as they said they were sick of fielding complaints about the new system but there was nothing they could do about it except try to get publicity.

I wasn't sure I would get anywhere but ended up on talkback radio and TV news.

It could work to get publicity about some of ebay's unfairer practices.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Re: EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though item has not been returned?

eBay have done this to me today. If you dont have a tracking number they will just refund regardless. The buyer should have to give us a tracking number as proof the item was sent back.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

@party-decorations-online wrote:

eBay have done this to me today. If you dont have a tracking number they will just refund regardless. The buyer should have to give us a tracking number as proof the item was sent back.

Buyers are supposed to send back via trackable post. Otherwise the seller can say it never arrived and the buyer doesn't get their refund..

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

Yes, now this opens door for dishonest people sold robot with remote, buyer wants partial discount coz he claim no remote, lies, but but son in law a police officer packed it show have stat Dec completed and  buyer can come to court see how go

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

anhanh1
Community Member
I agree, and even the other day my buyer sent my item back and it was left in a safe place I never know where it is because I live in a giant apartment with more than 100 apartments. I told eBay they probably a scam and stole the item I paid for the item to be back to myself because they wanted a refund and eBay automatically took the funds out because of a delivered status- left in safe place. when I always get from post office all my life or meet the guy down stairs . Millions of people walk past and we even have two lifts
Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

You've replied to a 5-yo topic, FYI.

Regarding the "left in a safe place" situation, you need to talk to the PO about flagging your location as not safe for parcels to be left.

eBay haven't done anything wrong here because when AP marks an item as delivered, it's considered delivered and that's when they process the refund.

If your apartment block has 100 apartments, you must be in a reasonably built up area - it's worth checking if AP has a parcel locker facility close to you - it's a handy way of receiving parcels and keeps them safely locked away until you can collect.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

Was the item mrked as Safe Dropped or Delivered?

If it was Safe Dropped you may have a problem but the PO should be able to show you a photo of where it was left.

If it shows as Delivered it is probably at your local post office....just ask before you assume it is missing.

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

From what they've written, it sounds very much like it's been safe-dropped.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

Yes it does tassie but knowing the guidelines for safe dropping I can't see any postal employee/contractor being silly enough to just leave a parcel anywhere in a 100 unit complex.

If it was left then there should be a photo which would indicate where it was left....the guidelines state that the photo should show something to make it easy to identify where the parcel was left....a unique feature of the property.

Many people think that when the tracking says Delivered it has been delivered to the property without ralising that different wording means different things.

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Yes it does tassie but knowing the guidelines for safe dropping I can't see any postal employee/contractor being silly enough to just leave a parcel anywhere in a 100 unit complex.

If it was left then there should be a photo which would indicate where it was left....the guidelines state that the photo should show something to make it easy to identify where the parcel was left....a unique feature of the property.

Many people think that when the tracking says Delivered it has been delivered to the property without ralising that different wording means different things.

I used to live in a multi-apartment complex and there was a postal contractor who'd do exactly that.  It's what prompted me to sign up for a postal locker for the time I was living there.

In the context of eBay, 'Delivered' is 'Delivered' regardless of whether that means it's been placed into the hands of the receiver, or left outside in the doorway of the building (an 'unsafe drop' as I like the call them).

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply