Ebay And Australia Post

What a load of **bleep** they all are. I contacted ebay about a Return Request (The First Ever) about an item the buyer was not happy with. I followed their Return Policy as requested. Stated that I would issue a complete refund as is stated in my listings. I created a Return Postage Label from Click and Send Assressed to myself and sent it to the buyer via eBay system. I received a message that it was all forwarded to the buyer who had until 18th November to return the Item. Item was never received back so phoned eBay and they wanted another 10 days to process the claim. I was not happy and let them know with some not so nice words...Now this is the odd part. I said I was going to lodge a complaint with FOS as their timing rules  state

Timing

If you open a return request for an item that didn't match the listing description, or report that you didn't receive an item, you have a limited amount of time to take some actions. Be sure to follow these time guidelines.

Timelines

• If you haven't received an item: You can open a request for a refund after the estimated delivery date has passed. You must open the request within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. Learn more about eBay Money Back Guarantee.

• If you received an item and it doesn't match the listing description: You can open a return request no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date. If no estimated delivery date is available, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from the payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries.

The seller has three business days to resolve the issue from the time you start a return request for an item that doesn't match the listing description, or request a refund for an item you didn't receive. If three business days have passed since you started your request and the seller hasn't resolved the issue, you can ask us to step in and help. If you don't contact us within 30 days of starting a request, we assume the issue has been resolved and we close the request.

I then proceded to the FOS website and came back to my eBay page to find 2 messages from eBay CS First one stating..

Hi 1997crows1998,

We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. After reviewing the case, we made a final decision in the buyer's favour.

Details:
Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favour.

I then went to my Paypal account and found that they have refunded the funds that were on hold. Umm Strange.

I then contacted Click and Send To get a refund on the $8.00 Return Postage Label that I sent via eBay system. which was uploaded  on 11/11/215 to the buyer which ebay accept. Australia Post say it is not their problem and I should contact the buyer as it has not been lodged. I told them the buyer is not responding to Emails from myself or eBay but they keep insisting it has nothing to do with them and I have to contact the buyer.. I asked how long di I have to keep trying to contact the buyer and She "Linda" just kept saying its not our problem you have to contact the buyer.. How STUPID are these people that work in these centers... No bloody wonder AP is lossing money every year, Monday I will be in contact with FOS and hopefully it will cost AP $1000
Paddy

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay And Australia Post

Presumably there is an option to cancel a C*S label, with a resulting credit.

If not, report to the Postal Ombudsman.

I have never had to do it, but logically that is what I would do, even outside of eBay.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Ebay And Australia Post

I think you were just unlucky with the customer service rep who happened to take your call.  If you'd called back again, odds are you would have been given a different answer.  You have up to 30 days to cancel a label.  AFAIK I think it's even possible after that but they have to refund you with a money order rather than through the method you paid with.  You can email  clickandsend@auspost.com.au with the details (this can be slow as they often have a huge backlog) or you can contact them on 1300 662 710.   

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply