Ebay Flat Rate Satchels and myPost business

Hi all

I'm a long time eBay buyer/seller but fairly new to mypost business via Auspost.

My question is this:

I recently bought some Aus Post Flat Rate Satchels WITHOUT postage paid.  They have a window for me to insert my postage label once I've logged on to mypost and filled in the details and printed the labels.

The satchel says it's flat rate, however when I am entering the weight and dimensions into mypost business, the cost changes according to weight, even though the dimensions - and therefore satchel size - stay the same.

That's not flat rate?  Any advice?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you get down to the  Parcel field (section),  there are 2  fields (boxes)  with drop down menus.

1 is  for  dangerous goods declaration  yes/no

The other is for your choice of packaging, for anything other than your own packaging simply select the flat rate satchel or box you are using.   Only enter the size and weight when not using Flat rate satchels or boxes.

NOTE:  Australia post provides online assistance  24/7  for mypost business.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think that unmarked satchels should go by weight only, not dimensions.

Others will clarify.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

In Australia Post site:   when creating a label, you choose Australia Post Satchels - small -  and it inserts the correct postage.

Assuming you bought "small".

You don't add any dimensions yourself.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Just select the Australia Post flat rate satchel option, instead of your own packaging option

2021-07-21 (2).png

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Further to the advice posted above, which is the correct option to select for the "flat rate" satchels, just be aware that there are still 3 postage tiers once discounts start being applied - same major city, other major city, and rural. eg I'm currently on tier 4 discounts, and for a small satchel, the respective prices are $5.95, $7.41 and $8.69. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Good pickup,  yes a big benefit

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you everyone, that is great info and much appreciated!

I've come along a bit further with my issue.

It is that when I import orders from eBay, I don't get the option to choose the packaging type.  It defaults to parcel and that's it - no option to change.  I realised yesterday as when I used mypost to put in a manual entry I did get the all the packaging options, including satchels.

Anyone know where I fix this?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

When you get down to the  Parcel field (section),  there are 2  fields (boxes)  with drop down menus.

1 is  for  dangerous goods declaration  yes/no

The other is for your choice of packaging, for anything other than your own packaging simply select the flat rate satchel or box you are using.   Only enter the size and weight when not using Flat rate satchels or boxes.

NOTE:  Australia post provides online assistance  24/7  for mypost business.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Not everyone has the choice. I use MyPost Business for printing shipping labels. I have the choice of "own packaging", and nothing else. AP has no idea why. Thankfully, 99 out of 100 of my parcels are under 500g, but last month I had a buyer who bought multiple items. They weighed up as over 500g. They were small enough to fit into a small satchel. I ended up putting 499g in the weight section so it would post as a small parcel. The PO pulled me up on it and said while the cost is the same, I should have entered the correct weight. I explained that I had no choice. It was own packaging or nothing, and over 500g was going to cost me way more than it should.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

So you are definately using Mypost Business  and it has the  Packaging Type Field (box)  but it does not dropdown/expand.

Or are you using Mypost which does not have a packaging type field.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply