Ebay Liquidated Items information

Hello everyone.

After my parcel went into the liquidation pile at the Ebay Global Shipping Program facility at Erlanger KY I made it my mission to investigate the whole process in the dodgy practices.  My findings are some what astonishing.
It will take too long to explain what I discovered however will make it as short as possible.

I worked on this issue for 3 months including late nights and 30 phone calls to the USA from Australia.

The Ebay facility (GSP) at Erlanger is run by a company owned by Pitney Bowes who sub contracts to another company called Elovations.  It is impossible to call, email or gain access to the secure facility.  I found out this as I had a person actually go there and is on appointment only.
The liquidated items are then sold to a "company" called 8ten industries, Cass City Michigan who appears to be parts outlet  however has another side business (bwretail) that on-sells the liquidated items and other bits and pieces.  

The CEO (Chris Ball) was kind enough to reply and offered assistance should that happen again.
The seller name on ebay is 8ten1944 so if you follow that seller if you have lost anything.
It was pure fate that I managed to find my item that was relisted with the Ebay again by the seller I mentioned.  I used a web site called pickclick and used the exact listing name used on ebay.  It appeared using the same images and description.  I had a friend in the USA purchase it again and had it sent to his address.  I had a win but paid $100 more that the original listing!! 

The item went into liquidation mid February 2021 and was relisted mid May 2021.  So if you keep searching those web sites you will find it/  What a scam!!!!!
Was unable to include links however I am happy to send on request.

Your welcome....

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I just purchased an item on EBay USA. It was only a Sony Boombox. The same thing happened to me. It was confiscated and put into Liquidation by EBay Global shipping Program. Contacting EBay and finding out why it couldn’t be Shipped to Australia, I was given the runaround, very frustrating. Hopefully I can purchase it back again  in the coming months and have it Shipped through a Parcel Forwarding Company like Reship. Will never get anything else shipped through EBay Global Shipping Program again. Thank you so much for your Post.

kindest regards.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@u60rg5343au wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased an item on EBay USA. It was only a Sony Boombox. The same thing happened to me. It was confiscated and put into Liquidation by EBay Global shipping Program. Contacting EBay and finding out why it couldn’t be Shipped to Australia, I was given the runaround, very frustrating. Hopefully I can purchase it back again  in the coming months and have it Shipped through a Parcel Forwarding Company like Reship. Will never get anything else shipped through EBay Global Shipping Program again. Thank you so much for your Post.

kindest regards.

Besides being an old thread.

Ebay arent the ones who make a judgement if an item can or cant be shipped,   that is done by the shipping company,  so what ever run around Ebay gives you isnt really a run around.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

maybe this:

Gas and electrical goods

Gas and electrical goods that do not meet Australian safety and technical standards may be a serious safety risk. Those for sale online from overseas may not meet Australia’s standards. Some goods, like barbecues and personal grooming items, may not be able to be modified to meet the Australian standards.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Much like the seller in China they bought an electrical item from and said in their feedback it went into meltdown/was smoking/tripped the fuses 

Lucky it did'nt do real damage

That certainly was not a 'genuine seller' (horrible feedback rating and selling hazard upon hazard)

At some potential hazard did'nt make it here  this time 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply