Ebay Plus

I’m a seller on eBay, and have been forced into the eBay plus option with no option to opt out. I have listings with 5 days handling, if a customer with eBay plus membership buys I now have to send same day and have it to customer within 2 days.... This is not possible for me, hence why I have the 5 day handling policy & 1-6 days delivery time clearly in place. Have been told the only way to opt out is to take away option of offering returns on all listings.. is this correct? Can any other sellers help me with this info? Help.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay Plus

I have been listing on EBay for 20 years and decided last year to use EBay plus. What a terrible mistake and I have cancelled it.

I sell some low cost items e,g Toddler pillowcases for $8 each including flat rate postage without tracking which costs $2.20 for 1 pillowcase. If the buyer wanted Express post for it the cheapest is $12.20 !!!  EBay "donates" $4 towards this but it means I am losing money. It would be selling it for $8 and the express postage, ebay fees and PayPal would be much more than that.

Today I had a customer who purchased a flat cot sheet for $15 but wanted express postage. So they paid a total of $19

(after Ebays $4 contribution) So Express post cost me $12.20 so I was left with $6.80 LESS EBay fees and PayPal fees and they wonder why I cancelled !!!!!

@atom_online wrote:
I’m a seller on eBay, and have been forced into the eBay plus option with no option to opt out. I have listings with 5 days handling, if a customer with eBay plus membership buys I now have to send same day and have it to customer within 2 days.... This is not possible for me, hence why I have the 5 day handling policy & 1-6 days delivery time clearly in place. Have been told the only way to opt out is to take away option of offering returns on all listings.. is this correct? Can any other sellers help me with this info? Help.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply