Ebay Postage

HI there, I have just printed out my first ebay label. Are they supposed to be an entire a4 sheet or have a made a mistake. I don't want to print anymore if it is wrong. ThanksSmiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Ebay Postage

I don't know but I am sure someone will assist you soon

In the meantime, I am very jealous - I can't see anywhere that I can print the ebay labels - how come you can and I can't?Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

I presume you mean the click & send label and if so then you can get 4 to a page, if yours has covered a full A4 sheet then it must be your printer settings, you must have it set to fill the page or similar.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

Don't assume, pj, you know where that leads. eBay now have, supposedly, a service where you can do the labels for C&S through eBay, but have the payment added to your eBay bill.

I presume that is what OP is talking about. I don't KNOW, because I'm happy to run my postage through C&S directly.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

it gets added to our eBay bill?

I thought it would still at least go through PayPal, I don't like that idea at all - I'd prefer to pay as I went and not get  big bill at the end of the month!

plus I thought the eBay link was just sorta connected to C&S anyway?

*sigh*

i hate change

OP, if I were you, I wouldn't be trying out any new system voluntarily until there's been plenty of time for others to have a go and for eBay to work out the inevitable bugs.

They seem to mess things up just doing maintenance, imagine the things they could do installing whole new systems!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

Hi crikey*mate

You do not have to use the ebay label system - you can still use click and send as you currently do.

I want to try this new system out.. but I can only see some parts of the new system - no option to make the postage label yet!

So I am unabel to help the OP at this time.

One bill a month would be great.. with click and send I have too many invoices to enter..

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

@reddevilddvd wrote:

Are they supposed to be an entire a4 sheet or have a made a mistake. 

I made the same mistake the first time. I am using Google Chrome and found it was the "Fit to Page Size" option that you need to uncheck and it prints at the correct size.

Also, does anyone know if because the Postage fees are being charged by EBay include GST?

I thought that they could be cicumventing their GST tax obiligations since Ebay Fees are collected by Ebay Switzerland.

I claim GST credits on my postage so if it is not being collected and sent to the ATO then this could create an issue...

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

@ausfast wrote:

@reddevilddvd wrote:

Are they supposed to be an entire a4 sheet or have a made a mistake. 

I made the same mistake the first time. I am using Google Chrome and found it was the "Fit to Page Size" option that you need to uncheck and it prints at the correct size.

Also, does anyone know if because the Postage fees are being charged by EBay include GST?

I thought that they could be cicumventing their GST tax obiligations since Ebay Fees are collected by Ebay Switzerland.

I claim GST credits on my postage so if it is not being collected and sent to the ATO then this could create an issue...

I was curious about the gst issue so I emailed to ask. I got a reply telling me that gst must be included in my listings!  (Yes, I know that!)  I replied to the email saying that I was asking whether I could get an invoice gst/tax invoice from ebay or Australia Post so that I could claim back gst on the postage but have not yet had a reply. I'll update here if I do.

It certainly won't be an option for gst registered businesses if gst cannot be claimed back... I do wonder if ebay's accountants/lawyers have thought this one through?

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

@lemmayj wrote:

I was curious about the gst issue so I emailed to ask. I got a reply telling me that gst must be included in my listings!  (Yes, I know that!)  I replied to the email saying that I was asking whether I could get an invoice gst/tax invoice from ebay or Australia Post so that I could claim back gst on the postage but have not yet had a reply. I'll update here if I do.

It certainly won't be an option for gst registered businesses if gst cannot be claimed back... I do wonder if ebay's accountants/lawyers have thought this one through?

I called ebay support this morning and they said they had no information about this and that I would need to contact Australia Post.

I then called Australia Post to enquire about this. The first person I spoke to had no idea about the details. After speaking with his expert they said that the GST component is definitely included in the postage. I advised them that they should include this in the documentation on the website as we need something official to confirm this.

I explained to him that because Ebay invoices their ebay fees from their tax haven in Switzerland, Australia Post could also avoid having to pay GST the same way as they directly working with a company outside of Australia so are not legally obligated to forward on GST to the ATO. He said he does not know the logistics of the agreement but was adamant that GST would be included...

Here is the info from this page about GST and ebay fees: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/seller-gst.html

"What is eBay's ABN number?
The rights and services available at www.ebay.com.au are provided by eBay International AG, located at Helvetiastrasse 15/17, CH-3005, Bern , Switzerland . As a foreign entity, eBay International AG is not required to be registered for GST and therefore does not have an ABN number."

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay Postage

I think eBay will keep the 10% as 'profit'.

If they are not going to be charging us GST for the label then on my business account it is not worth it, as I won't be able to claim the GST.

However will be ok for my private sales.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply