Ebay delivery guarantee launch

Just noticed the new "Ebay guanrateed delivery" offer banner at the top of my Seller overview page.

Will never opt in for such a scheme.

If the PO can't guarantee delivery within 2 days, why should I?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

top.PNG

side bar.PNG

eyetwitch.gif  I don't have either one of those refinements!

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

Me neither. Not fretting at this stage as not sure I would use it, except in some sort of emergency.

I suppose we'll all get their refinements eventually.

Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

Im not sure if this would work, but my idea on this is...

Create new listings of your existing ebay listings with a higher price that incorporates Express Post.

eg.

Listing 1. T-Shirt ABC $14.00 (FREE POSTAGE) normal postage is say $7.65, express is $10.65

Listing 2. T-Shirt ABC Express Postage Included (2-4 day delivery) $17.00

So you only apply guaranteed delivery on these new listings.

Any thoughts on that?

Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

@vpro That would technically breach eBay's duplicate listing policy, not that it seems to thwart a lot of sellers, as I see a lot of listings with different set ups like that from the same seller.
Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

You should have it stawks,it shows up when a buyer looks at one of your listings and then the buyer turns on the 3 day thingy and the buyer can then choose one of the guaranteed days and then if you have any of those options on any of your listings then those listings will be shown to the buyer.

So if you had a 1 day delivery on any listing the buyer will see those listings.

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

@digital*ghostwrote:
@vpro That would technically breach eBay's duplicate listing policy, not that it seems to thwart a lot of sellers, as I see a lot of listings with different set ups like that from the same seller.

Hi DG,

I'm not so sure it would breach the duplicate listing policy.

We got pinged a few years back for inadvertently listing the same item twice on our two different stores. Accidental, but true, we had duplicated.

At the time I called ebay for advice (such as it was) and one of the things that particular CSR stressed was that even tho a listing was for the same item, if it offered differences to cater for different buyer requirements then it would not be considered as a duplicate.

So in the example given above, if what they told me is true, then you could argue that the difference in the listing (ie express post included) would be satisfying a different buyer requirement.

**edited** to correct a typo.

Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

@collect247wrote:

You should have it stawks,it shows up when a buyer looks at one of your listings and then the buyer turns on the 3 day thingy and the buyer can then choose one of the guaranteed days and then if you have any of those options on any of your listings then those listings will be shown to the buyer.

So if you had a 1 day delivery on any listing the buyer will see those listings.

As a buyer, I don't have those refinements.

Spoiler
 Gee it's hard to keep up with your id's   smiley looking.gif
Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

Haha not really that hard to keep up.

Yes as a buyer you do have those refinements on the items you're interested in buying from a seller,but the seller needs to accept those on their listings for them to be of any relevance to you as a buyer.

But I can't see many sellers doing that lol.

Message 18 of 39
Latest reply

Well I can't see any selller doing it, then

Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

Perhaps AP should have the choice haha as they're the only one's that can get close to determining when they can deliver?

On the other hand perhaps not,so ebay good effort from some wiz but stupid, so back to the drawing board hey Woman Tongue

Message 20 of 39
Latest reply