Ebay listings that are for hire or leasing and not actually the sale of an item.. can this be fixed?

Hi, 

This has bothered me for along time, ill get on ebay to look up machinery, and there is more listings for rental and hire for machinery than there is machinery.   

While im not asking for them to have there listings stopped, although i cant see what it has to do with selling, I find them annoying.  

Is it possible for ebay to create a filter that i can use so they dont show up rentals and hire while im browsing? 

We know they are not really genuilly selling items and ebay will never see a return from the listings as i doubt anyone will order a rental through ebay.. they most likely will ring them up and do paperwork. 

It just makes searching listings more work for the buyer than it need be.   goes for bobcats, excavators etc.. or anything that can be hired.  Maybe make a seperate section.. New Used, Hire/rental ? Seems like a easy fix

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ebay listings that are for hire or leasing and not actually the sale of an item.. can this be fi

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you sure you are not looking at the Classifieds section?

The Classifieds are a legitimate ebay function for both goods and services.

You should be able to filter them out....I don't know how as I have never been bothered by them.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Ebay listings that are for hire or leasing and not actually the sale of an item.. can this be fi

If the words "hire, lease or rent" are in the main title, you can filter them out by putting a space after your search, then -rent hire lease at the end.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply