Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Surely you can still use your Paypal account to send money immediately - just fund it from a credit card.

The money that flows from sales into your bank account can be used to settle your credit balance and you'll possibly earn points along the way which you can redeem down the line.

Message 2 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

You could also be earning interest on your bank balance, pending the use of it to pay off your credit card.

Message 3 of 152
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How is ebay going to kidnap the money?

So far, as a buyer I have not found a way to use anything but paypal or credit/debit cards to pay any sellers.

I have looked at several listings from sellers on the boards, as well as most of the items on my Watch List.  Th only way I know about the new system is seeing the angst on the boards.

Message 4 of 152
Latest reply

@Hirolah

I should also just add that another site I sell on (Etsy) only transfers funds to my bank account. A buyer can certainly pay via PP, but sales funds always flow to the bank. I've been on that site for about 5 years and whilst a bit different from Ebay, it's just another way that one gets used to.

Also, don't forget that all fees will now be deducted before the balance is sent to your account, so there will no more monthly bill to pay (maybe other than store fees). This is what happens on Etsy too.

I think even Amazon is the same for sellers - nett funds flow to a bank account, not Paypal.

Message 5 of 152
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@Hirolah

I should also just add that another site I sell on (Etsy) only transfers funds to my bank account. A buyer can certainly pay via PP, but sales funds always flow to the bank. I've been on that site for about 5 years and whilst a bit different from Ebay, it's just another way that one gets used to.

Also, don't forget that all fees will now be deducted before the balance is sent to your account, so there will no more monthly bill to pay (maybe other than store fees). This is what happens on Etsy too.

I think even Amazon is the same for sellers - nett funds flow to a bank account, not Paypal.

That part I don't actually mind, at least the money hasn't gone on bills before the monthly bills come in, however I can understand the angst over delays tranferring money to and from. Transferring into paypal (I recently discovered) is painfully slow.

It's fine for people who have plenty of cash flow to use other money in the interim but for many that luxury isn't there. I think it will put a strain on those people and have them leave the site.

I'm already scaling down and exploring other options

Message 6 of 152
Latest reply

@31flavours wrote:

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Same, but since PayPal are withdrawing buyer protection for stock purchases after 31st July, they are basically encouraging alternative funding sources anyway (that is, if you buy goods with the intention of reselling them, you'll get no buyer protection from PayPal at all, and for sellers using PayPal balances to pay for stock, that was the only protection on those payments available - for that reason alone, being forced to fund the payments in different ways that can provide some protection is potentially better for some sellers - thought I'd mention it in case this affects how appealing PayPal is as an option if these purchases don't qualify for protection). 

Message 7 of 152
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

This is simply Ebay scamming sellers and lining their pockets.

it's why people are leaving this site by the boatload.

Ebay is the most corrupt business online today. 

Message 8 of 152
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

Please show us your evidence of people leaving this site by the boat load. How do you know they are leaving by the boatload? Why are you still here if that's the case?

Message 9 of 152
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@comcol wrote:

Please show us your evidence of people leaving this site by the boat load. How do you know they are leaving by the boatload? Why are you still here if that's the case?

And why do you keep defending them? This site sucks for sellers, no matter how you try to sugar coat it. They are greedy and offer sellers zero protection. So why are you so offended. Bit odd really

Message 10 of 152
Latest reply