Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

To lyndal 1838

I have tried several times to provide my BSB and A/c numbers but have to provide to a site called Trustly Inc 

based in San Carlos CA USA.  To update your details for ebay's new payment system your information can only be loaded through that site. If you take the trouble to read Trustly's  extensive list of terms and conditions you will find amongst all the blurb that by accepting (which you are compelled to do before you can complete the update) you undertake to provide  your user name and password  used to access your bank account on line. 

Trying to contact ebay to explain my  concerns has been fruitless, the best  I get is a phone call from very friendly people from a call centre located in Ireland, a total of 4 calls so far and they have no idea how to over come my problem or offer an alternative way to what should be the simple task of providing details to receive my payments. Ebay seem to be employing a debt collection agency who in the event of a dispute with a buyer will withdraw money from my account pending resolution of the dispute.  I am amazed that no one on this forum appears to have the same concerns.  I will simply have to give up and close my ebay account.

husbandsaggitarius

Message 131 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

All.i see is its easier now to use a stolen credit card to pay for items you have no choice as to how the seller pays and 6 month's  later you get a chargeback and no buyer protection will.cover that at least at the moment I can decide how the buyer pays but with managed payment the buyer has all the options and I'm left holding the chargeback bag ....i won't be selling anymore years ago I used to accept CC it cost me 16k and eBay PayPal and the bank would do nothing to help ....

Message 132 of 152
Latest reply

I used to accept CC it cost me 16k and eBay PayPal and the bank would do nothing to help

Not quite sure how Paypal came into it if you accepted CC directly. If they were using a CC through PP (as a lot do), you wouldn't know. Same with MP.

So nothing has changed, unless your buyers were mug enough to DD.

Message 133 of 152
Latest reply

this is so the government can just tax us more thats it! its all corrupt time to move away from ebay! im a pensioner in au was nice to make a little extra cash here and there to get by but now the government will be able to see this. this is nothing more than a further step of taking away our freedom people need to wake up to this and leave ebay in protest. this is not good for you or for ebay!

Message 134 of 152
Latest reply

cc99005
Community Member

I've left eBay as of today - I sold an item at $4500 and eBay said the money would be available on the 4th of May - I waited until the 6th of May (today) only to see the funds would now not be available until 03/06/21 - 30 days... I have promptly cancelled the sale and refunded the buyer so eBay has lost $500 + other fees as I will not be bullied and wait for funds that are mine. They are not eBay's.  The new system is ridiculous and as per usual eBay doesn't care. As sellers, we do not work for eBay or Paypal, they work for us believe it or not. They are merely a service that provides a platform and payments. They should not have any right to withhold or prevent sellers from accessing funds for items they have sold. My total sales in 30 days using the new payments were $34000 but I am now officially finished with eBay and I hope other sellers be intuitive and look for other ways to sell away from this platform. 

Message 135 of 152
Latest reply

Good luck in your new venture

Message 136 of 152
Latest reply

You might want to end that listing before turning the lights out for good.

Message 137 of 152
Latest reply

in--medias--res
Community Member

Using Managed Payments is like going back in a time machine to the year 2000.

Message 138 of 152
Latest reply

yep its disgusting.... they are saying how much more streamlined it is, and everyone benefits and pays less in fees! So far they are just holding our income in their account.... and we are paying MORE than we did with paypal... and its forced on us, no choice to get out! 

Message 139 of 152
Latest reply

How do you find what fees, shipping, refunds etc they take out?  I use Xero with PayPal attached and it was an easy process for me to reconcile my sales and fees.  How would I do that now?  Any help would be appreciated as I need to lump things into sections.  IE: Fees, sales, refunds, shipping.  That was so easy to do in Paypal in my Xero software

Message 140 of 152
Latest reply