Ebay paying seller direct, bypassing paypal - thoughts?

hippyma
Community Member

What are your views on the system now where ebay pays the seller directly into their bank account?  I dislike it intensely.  I used to be able to go to my paypal account and see who's paid what, and if I had to issue a refund for, say, overpayment of postage, it was a simple thing.  Using paypal also meant that I could keep my ebay sales (and purchases) separate from my personal banking.  That's all gone.  Not happy Jan.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can always set up a separate bank account to receive Ebay payments.

You can still see whats paid under the Payments Tab/Transactions which is better now because you can see upfront what the gross and nett is from the transaction, and you can still issue a refund for excess postage from the transaction itself under the drop down list.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It is so much easier,  now all your accounting is in eBay and you don't need to reconcile eBay and Paypal.

You can still refund individual buyers.

You can set up a separate bank account, 

Not sure what your problem is,  but please leave Jan alone

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you learn how to use the managed payments system, then you may not dislike it so much.

Postage refunds are extremely simple under managed payments.

Don't know why you need to separate your ebay transactions from your personal banking, but simply open a separate/dedicated account.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

I prefer the new managed payments system over the old one. Now I only have to check ebay and ebay handles a variety of different ways a customer can make payments. It's easier for me as now ebay pays money received into my bank account within 3 to 4 days automatically and I do not need to make manual transfers from paypal anymore.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply