Ebay postage option "Aus post economy mail (untracked-signature)"

I am getting orders from international customers and they have paid choosing the postage option of "Australia post economy mail (untracked-signature)". By selecting this options, the customers expect a delivery requiring their signature, except that the signature expense ($5.49) goes out of my pocket as ebay does not charge the customers.

Talked to ebay twice about this in the last two months, twice it was supposedly escalated to the tech dept, no response from ebay as usual. I am still getting a few of these orders every week, and am working through my listings removing this option.

Has anyone ever had a positive response to a query escalated to ebay's tech department?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think eBay used this option as a default when it temporarily removed "standard airmail" for international shipping.  After many complaints, they re-instated an untracked non signature option for international (for those of us sending larger letters overseas) but this did not change back for active listings.  I had to edit over 1000 listings which was easy enough in bulk edit.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I'm guessing you are saying it should read (untracked, no-signature) ?

eBay have put it as untracked-signature, meaning it to be combined in the negative.

Very misleading.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@jfmgraywrote:

I think eBay used this option as a default when it temporarily removed "standard airmail" for international shipping. 

That is true and I forgot to mention that it was an error made by ebay during conversion. But they still have this "no tracking-signature" option available for the unwary user, and once chosen, the seller will not be paid for the $5.49 signature bit.

By the way, I never see the "no tracking-no signature" option during listing time. So not sure why is that. *Sigh* another case to be escalated to ebay tech team to be never heard of again.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

yep I raised a call to ebay several months ago, and esculated it.  they said it was due to australia post /ebay options initially.  I agree with you it hasn't been fixed, and unfortunately I cannot offer anything else on the subject.  I try to forget about it, I said to ebay if they expect its with signature they could give me bad feedback etc, but ebay doesn't seem concerned (or unable to fix).

btw as another poster mentions, I have not been able to select the correct option either when editing (not avail) or when creating.  (i don't use a template to create tho, I use sell similar)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Oh give the Ebay Minions a break!

They are very busy fixing things that dont need fixing to fix anything that does need fixing.

Good news, only 2 days until Ebay Fix It Gone Wrong Friday!

LOL

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The Fantastic Fiddle Friday Free For All

Fubar

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply